Monday, 1 September 2008

Whiff of Joy, Project of the Month: Bookmark

Hello again! Katharina has set the Whiff of Joy DT's a monthly project for us to show on the 1st of every month. The first one was for Sep, which is today (goodness how time flies!) and the brief was simply to make a bookmark using our stamps.

Challenge was set a couple weeks ago so I used my Charlie & snowman stamp and came up with this:

He has actually been stamped onto shrink plastic, then I've cut round him leaving a border. I've coloured him in with promarkers and for the sparkle on the snowman I've coloured him with my clear Sakura stardust pen which I spread with my waterbrush else the ink can tend to bead together a bit too much.

The fun bit was then shrinking him with my heatgun (always handy to pin down gently with your pokey tool or something as they do tend to curl up or go flying off your table!). All I did next was stick him to an oval card clip which I cut using a sizzix die (It's a sizzix original die called 'paperclips' and you get 4 diff shaped clips) and then stamped some flourishes around the edges or you could just cut you own bookmark shape and decorate accordingly.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the Whiff of Joy DT team and their bookmark creations (all links on the right).

As my bookmark is quite small I decided to make a matching card to put the bookmark in which I could then give as a christmas gift with some book vouchers. This is the front of the card:
and this is the card open with the bookmark slotted in . . you can see how dinky it is compared to the normal size image! The vouchers will just slot under the bookmark.

Sentiment is an Elybells stamp (I do love her sentiments and they seem to work great with my Charlie stamps!) and the flourishes are again, an Inkadinkado set which I have stamped in black then heat embossed with an 'arctic pearl lustre' cosmic shimmer embossing powder. The carrot was just a button I found in my stash which I thought looked quite cute as that corner was looking a bit bare!

19 comments:

ink'n'rubba said...

what a fabulous idea for a gift - I like this idea, a lot! fabulous card as always with such a cute image. annie x

angeljakki said...

what a lovely card. Great detail and colouring

Malin said...

Beutiful card...

Rach said...

oooh fran what a fabulous idea! you are so very clever...(I may have to borrow this idea for my nieces and nephews at Christmas...)
Your bookmark is wonderful and very well thought out..I love the shrink plastic, it is so very effective...(must get some more!)
hugs Rachxxx

Kathy said...

That is really neat!!! I keep seeing this shrink stuff but don't know anything about it!! Love it!! Also the card that holds it is beautiful!! Those swirls are fabulous!! Great project!! Have a great monday and don't forget to check Ismaki today!!! :)Kathy

All Pink girl said...

Wow Fran these are so adorable ,love them ,Dawnxx

Lisa said...

Wow what lovely cards, great blog, have added you to my blog roll.

Camilla said...

You are so clever!! What a great idea!!! And your card is stunning!
Hugs, Camilla.

Brocéliane said...

wonderful card Fran love it :)

*Brocéliane*

Andrea, said...

Fab gift idea Fran, I love the flourish stamp

karen said...

oh wow what a fab idea i can see these being very usefull as christmas gifts, thanks for sharing.
karen x

cats whiskers said...

What a great idea Fran, just right for that little something extra, and beautiful styled and coloured
Hugs Jacqui x

Beth said...

I love your sparkly bookmark and how you've adhered it to the card! The colours are fab!

NGCARDS said...

Great Idea usuing the shrink plastic, I havent tried it yet but really want to! This will be a lovely gift for whoever recieves it! xxx

Scrapmumur said...

That's absolutely gorgeous France!
Beautiful colours!!
Great work!
Hugs Mumur

Cynde said...

Thanks for sharing this great idea! Your works of Art always amaze me. You have great ideas...Beautiful job!

debby4000 said...

I love how the you incorporated the bookmark into the card and its so cute.

Diane.W. said...

Wonderful idea,Fran!luv the sparkle & flourishes :o0x

Lim said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous idea. Love all the details inside and out.
You are so talented my friend,
Hugs,
LIMexjen

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin