Monday, 29 September 2008

Whiff of Joy challenge 1 with new release!

What better stamp to use for the first Whiff of Joy challenge then to use one of the 'soon to be released' Charlie stamps!

I've used this sketch by Katharina before and for some reason I just keep turning the sketch into a money/voucher card each time!

It's a regular square card:


but I've turned part of the sketch into a flap so that it lifts to reveal the hidden pocket bit for the money/voucher:
This Charlie, plus others will be available this coming Friday (the 4th) and all us Whiff of Joy DT will be giving you previews of them all this week (links to my fellow DT teamies and the shop where you can view all cards in the gallery are on the right of my blog)

Don't you just love him? He's perfect for older boy cards I think. Hence I've not added any frilly embellishments and kept it to quite clean bold colours but I couldn't hold back on the sparkle as it is a christmas card! Paper is from DCWV christmas wishes pack and have just used some brown cardstock for the cardbase and the embossed strip down the side. Only other thing I've used is my circle nesties to cut out the circles as didn't think it needed much else. The cute little sentiment has been cut out with my SU word window punch and came with my stamp, isn't it fab?!

Ooo, just had the rest of my DT stamps land on my door today and they are GORGEOUS, just wait till you see them all! Think Katharina's going to be one busy bee this coming weekend :)


25 comments:

Michele said...

Beautiful card. Love the image and how you coloured him in. Michele x

Diane.W. said...

This is great,fab for fellas/boys!:o)x

(I'm calm,lol!!!)

Rach said...

Fantastic card Fran, gorgeous colours and another fantastic secret hiding place to stash some cash....
so glad that your stamps arrived this morning. so did mine! Yay!
hugs rAchxx

Rach said...

ohhhh forgot to say thank you for taking part in the challenge hunny. hugs rachxx

Beth said...

You're killing me!!! I can't wait for these stamps to come out! Fabulous card by the way! XX

ink'n'rubba said...

what a fab christmas card and way to use the image for an unusual wallet card, love the bright colours. hugs, annie x

Marcea said...

I love this idea and think I may have to use it this xmas for my relatives if you don't mind!! I adore the new stamps that I have seen so far and can't wait to order mine at the weekend!!
-x-

MichelleO said...

What a great card! Love the hidden pocket, and the christmas papers. And your coloring on this new image is fabulous.
HUGS
MichelleO

Lisa said...

Super card fran and I love square cards, they are one of my fav shapes to work with.

Inge said...

Love this kind of shaped cards with possibility of a hidden message. Awesome card Fran:-D

Inge xx

Toni said...

Gorgeous card! I just love the WoJ stamps!! xx

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

a truely fantastic card and I adore your idea of a secret money holder. I may use that at Christmas time if I may.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Great design Fran and love the embossing and nestie layout. Congratulations on reaching round 2 and Good Luck! Hugs, Nikki x

NGCARDS said...

love this image, I can see it going out of stock straight away! Cute sketch and papers, really love this card! xxx

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Awwwwwww...so cute Fran!! Guess what? I played with this one too!!! hahaha!

Donalda's Blog said...

Fran your card is just breathe taking!!! I so love your work. Thanks for joining us dear
Hugs

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card, the backing paper is fab!
Clairex

Heather said...

Super cute!! I'm going to be needing that stamp. Thanks for joining us this week. Hope to see you next week...

Kathy said...

Oh wow Fran what a cool idea!! I love this!!!
The colors are fab and your coloring well you know what I think of your coloring!!! (Wish I could handle a marker like that!!!)(LOL) No I really wish I could though...
Fabulous card and I cannot wait to see the rest of the stamps!! have a great day :)Kathy

Katharina Frei said...

Great Fran!! And such a fab idea :)
Katharina xx

debby4000 said...

Fantastic card, love the secret pocket, what a fab idea. I can see an expensive 4th October, that stamp is gorgeous.

cats whiskers said...

FANTASTIC Fran, love everything about it, especially that cute image. and love the money holder idea
Thanks for joinng us this week
Hugs Jacqui c

Simone P. said...

I really like this design!

Malin said...

Love it!ke the idea of this card, most try that once!

//Malin

Kim said...

Awesome card! Love the money holder part...and the WOJ stamp is so darn cute! You did fabulous coloring him! Another got to have stamp! Thanks for the sneak peek!
Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin