Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Tilda & friends ATC: ' . . something different'

This week's ATC challenge is to do something different with your ATC other than for swapping. Which is great as I just make them for the challenge blog and not swapped any for a while so have accumalated quite a few! So, after much thought of something where I could use up quite a few of them, I decided to turn my ATCs into a calender.
Been wanting to try to make a desktop flippy type one anyway so decided this was a good one to try it out on. I went through all my made ATCs and found 11 that were all portrait sized and fitted the months. The only one I was missing was one for Feburary so I quickly knocked this up
then proceeded to put it all together, using lots of coloured A4 cardstock, the calender months I got off microsoft powerpoint and just adjusted the size before printing it off, and my bind-it-all. This is my finished month for feb;You'll have to excuse the poor photo skills but it was really sunny today and with 12 months to photo I didn't really have time to take loads of photos and select the best one that I usually do!
I have put all the months onto a slideshow below and you can see that I have used alot of my old ATCs on the other months.
The calender stand itself is just thick A4 card scored at 4.5" either end then folded into a triangle, then it's all been punched & bound with my BIA.



As you can see, this is still a little rough in places and not that neat as I was making it up as I went along and tried to finish it all in one evening so didn't use designer papers or embellishments etc - just stamped my own background and accents with matching magnolia stamps. I'm pretty pleased with it, considering the lack of pre-planning, and can see me making some more of these desk calenders but with flatter images so I won't need to cut the pages in 2 to accomadate the thickness of the ATCs (I've actually cut away the back piece of the stand behind the ATC half of the calender so that they sit in the hollow bit of the triangle IYKWIM). Although this way you could flip the months and keep the ATC bit to whichever one you fancied looking at or you could have less pictures and only make say 4 pictures - 1 for each season.
Hop on over to the ATC blog to see what all the other DT's have come up with, they're fab, and hope it inspires you to join us! Don't forget, it isn't just magnolia stamps anymore even if I do keep using just them - Will try and use other stamps next time!

17 comments:

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Wonderful calendar Fran...what a great idea! Good way to use your 'old' ATC's too.
Carole :-)

Diane.W. said...

Wow!You are clever!!! Brilliant calendar & great idea :o)x

ink'n'rubba said...

wow Fran! what an amazing project! I love your Magnolia desk callender, it'd make checking dates such a pleasure! Beautiful. hugs, annie x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous Fran, great idea

cats whiskers said...

What a fantastic idea Fran I love it and what a great way to use up your ATC.s
Lovely work as usual Hun
Hugs Jacqui x

Shary said...

Looks great Fran and what a good idea. Love it!

Rach said...

oh wow fran this is a fantastic idea...how the heck did you manage to do that in one evening..??!!!
I am so going to have to have a go at one of these babies...thanks for the inspiration and for sharing Fran...Hugs Rachxx

Malin said...

Lovley calendar and a great idea!

//Malin

Tricia said...

What a fun project. Great job!! :)

Lisa said...

Cute card fran I love these Tilda Stamps will have to get some soon,

Kathy said...

What a fantastic idea Fran!!! I love that! AND I really like how you made them flip seperate so you can use whatever one you want whenever!! Very cool!! This would be a great idea for pictures too!! Thanks I will have to try this out!! Have a great day :)Kathy

Mette said...

What an absolutely fantastic idea. All your images are lovely and someone is gonna love receiving such a sweet calendar.

Mette

MichelleO said...

OH Fran this is wonderful, and a GREAT way to use ATC's! I love it! Great gift idea too!
HUGS
MichelleO

Anita Knits said...

Wow fantastic, what a way to use your ATC's.

Anki said...

Lovely calendar! Your colouring is just amazing! Warm greetings from Sweden - Anki

craftyb said...

Fabulous idea...love all the ATC's...this Feb edition is great...choccies look yum! bx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful calendar and what a brilliant use of the ATC.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin