Wednesday, 10 September 2008

Tilda & Friends ATC: new beginnings

We have guest DT over on Tilda & Friends this week, Steph, and she has chosen a 'new beginnings' theme so it could be new baby, new job, new home, new love . . . whatever you can think of!


I wanted to use my cross stitch tilda so went for 'new home' and made a folding ATC so I had more space to play with but it still fits the criteria of an ATC as it measures 3.5x2.5 when folded.


This is the front & back (the blobs round the 'home sweet home' are where I've overstamped and tried to mask my mistakes by turning them into birds but hubby said they looked like eyes and now I can't see anything but a pair of eyes - oh, men!)

and inside: All stamps are Magnolia and have been cut out and coloured with promarkers. Have used scraps for the wallpaper (which wasn't quite long enough so used a bit of cream card to create skirting board along the bottom!) and more scraps for paper piercing the flouncy thing on the shelf and the tablecloth!

Don't forget you can use all your other 'round face' cutie stamps not just magnolias.

15 comments:

Rach said...

wow how clever fran...fabulous atc. hugs rachxx

Diane.W. said...

Brilliant,Fran!!! They are birds,not eyes,lol!!!!
This might be another spooky thing,me having a vwng on my house last night & then you psting a "SOLD" ATC this morning,very wierd,lol!!!! :o)x

ink'n'rubba said...

Wow Fran! this is a stunning piece of art and I love the little kitchen scene inside. The paper pieced tablecloth and shelf edger are both so pretty, love those K&Co papers!
annie x

Viv said...

OMG!! How ingenious! Fran this is amazing. I can't get into ATCs but I CAN apprecxiate the mechanics and this is so clever. BUT!!! Now I can see eyes too instead of birds!!! LOL Viv xx

Malin said...

Beautiful!
Love the idea with the kitchen scene.

//Malin

Kathy said...

How cute is this!! Fran you are so good at these things!! I love the houses in the front and the inside is fabulous!! The bottom looks like baseboard ~ it looks perfect!! Well-done girlie!! Have a great day:)Kathy

Marit said...

Fran, that's really lovely!!!

Jeanette said...

That is just amazing! It is such a beautiful card. I love all the details. Hugs Jeanette

Lisa said...

Wow, eaht a cool card, very inspirational.

Marja Sch said...

This is so lovely. I have never seen such a cute ATC fabulous. Hugs Marja

Tricia said...

Absolutely fantastic!!

Andrea, said...

Fab ATC Fran, I love the design and you have coloured the Tilda and other images perfectly

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Just fabulous Fran, it's like a dollshouse! Great scene...you made me laugh about the eyes!
Carole ;-)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous ATC, such amazing work on such a tiny size. LOL at your hubby now you've told me I see eyes now.

Heather "Hev" said...

Wow that is magnificent!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin