Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Tilda & Co emboss this: Just a note

Having made my tilda ATC, it got me in the mood for another magnolia scene so decided to make one for the tilda & co challenge this week, which was 'emboss this'.Edwin and the fire have been coloured with my prismas/sansodor and you'll have to excuse Edwin if he looks a bit grey faced- tried to colour some grey over him to make part of him in shadow but he's just come out looking a bit grubby LOL. Both him and the fire are curved and stuck down with foam pads and looks more 3D IRL not to mention the fire sparkles (might see it if you click on photo)

If you're wondering which bits are embossed I've used black sparkle embossing powder over the music notes in the top right hand corner and also the background scene has been made with heat embossing. The flowers are a hero arts silhouette stamp which I got as I knew it would make a fab background for my tildas and edwins (although it is a gorgeous stamp by itself for those more 'elegant' cards which I keep thinking of doing but never getting round to!). It was stamped onto white card with black ink then embossed with a silver pearl powder. Then I've dabbed blue chalk ink all over for the night sky and green for the grass then rubbed down with kitchen towel. Then where I was going to position the fire I've dabbed orange chalk ink over it then rubbed off with the towel again to give the glow of firelight.

Background papers inlcluding the little note paper are just scraps from my scrap box. The string of music is an older magnolia stamp. Music brad and anything else I've missed off is from stash!

Had fun with this and it's got me looking forward to the Magnolia autumn club kit which should be arriving any day now - I just love the surprise element to it and all the accessories stamps you get. Hope it's a good one although I've not been dissappointed so far.

10 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous,luv all the embossing :o)x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh wow, the background looks fabulous Fran and I love the scene and the musical notes stamp, Hugs, Nikki x

Minni75 said...

Fabulous, the background looks stunning!

Kathy said...

Another wonderful scene!! I get a kick out of all the ones you create!! I think because I just stink at doing them!! I can get my fix here (LOL) AND I ordered the fall stampclub for the first time and I am really excited about it!! Maybe I will be able to create something too!! (Probably not ~ I will have to stalk here to get ideas!) LOL :)Kathy

Viv said...

Beautifully thought out and executed Fran! It's a little work of art. :0) Viv xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, love the background you've made. Can't wait for the stamp club either and I made sure that I have enough of that horrible stickly mount stuff

ink'n'rubba said...

fabulous background Fran and love Edwin by the fire. Looking forward to the autumn club kit too, but feel I still need to play some more with the summer one! just wish the weather was still summer too! annie x

Helen said...

Fab card - the background is stunning!
Helen x

sillymonkeycrafts said...

Your card is totally stunning - i love every millimetre of it!
Edwin looks like quite the hippy new man!

Bryony

Anne Lise said...

What a beautiful card!

I added your blog to my linklist:
http://www.barnemix.no/scrapping/blogger.php

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin