Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Tilda AND FRIENDS ATC is back!

Having had a slight break with our 1 theme over the whole of August, Tilda & Friends ATC challenge is back this week with an open theme and also slight change to the rules. See how I have put 'AND FRIENDS' in capital letters in my title? Yep, we have decided to allow certain other cute characters to be used in the challenges. For full details please pop over to the ATC blog.

Having said that, I've stuck with Tilda and as it's back to school for most kids today here in England, I thought this would be apt :)

I just love this Tilda and had to get her as as soon as I saw her but have only just got round to using her! Do you like how I coloured her pencil in her pocket, haha. The desk and Tilda were cut out seperately and coloured with promarkers then just stuck on top of a bit of scrap check paper and piece of paper made to look like torn out of notebook. Tilda has been curved and stuck on with 3D foam - I really like my ATCs to have texture and dimension, don't know why, just do!
Now, I know some people don't 'get' ATCs in that they don't seem to serve any purpose. Well, they are supposed to be little works of art (3.5 x2.5 in size) which you swap with each other (kinda like a business card I suppose and also fun way to see each others techniques, style etc)but as we don't all take part in swaps I think we are put off by that.

However, you can use them as card toppers, tags, or anything else you can think of (as some of the other DTs have shown this week). I could turn my one into a card for a teacher or student.

Personally, I just love the freedom of them not having to be anything, IYKWIM and find it a fun way to get my creativity going. I like trying to make little scenes or sometimes just use lots of scraps for a collage effect. It just depends on the theme and my mood - thay can be as simple or complex as you like and as they are so small don't take long to colour in/put together (mine took about 20mins whereas a card can take me hours, but that's just me!)

I hope you'll give it a try and there's an added incentive of fab candy this week from Andrea, of 'cross stitch tilda' stamp plus some other bits n pieces. Have fun!


18 comments:

Caz said...

Fran it's gorgeous...I was going to do a back to school ATC, and then saw yours.....which rocks, so went with something else.
Caz
x

Heather's Creations said...

This is beautiful work Fran :) I like the idea of sending out atc's as toppers on a card.
Our schools in Derbyshire don't go back until the 10th!
Heather x

debby4000 said...

WOW this is brilliant.

Scrapmumur said...

Oh...this is marvellous ATC, France.
I love your little creation.
Hugs, Mumur

Suzanne said...

Truely a work of art so much detail on such a little space. Gorgeous. Sue :o)

Andrea, said...

Fab ATC Fran, love the pencil, there are hundreds of those knocking round my house!

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran! Luvly ATC,have missed making them!!! :o)x
P.S Bought my 4 Guardian Angel stamps,lol!!!

cats whiskers said...

Love it Fran she is such a sweet Tilda such a sweet face. Yu have given us some great ideas must go and make one now
Hugs Honey
Jacqui xx

ink'n'rubba said...

Fran she is so pretty, and yes I love the coloured pencil! My grandson starts nursery school tomorrow, and he's ony 3, so I'm a very nervous grannie annie today.

ANGELO said...

I love your work, Frances! You are just sooo good! I'll be back to visit you again, that's for sure!
Kristin :)

nessy said...

just wonderful frances ~ so much detail ~and so clever.
well aaron went back to school today,lewis starts school next week!! what will i do with all this time???
vanessa xx

michele said...

beautiful ATC, love it! I now have my 1st tilda stamps so maybe I could join in soon!! love ATC's!!
hugs mx

craftyb said...

Fabulous little piece of art Fran! I love how you've coloured Tilda too! bx

Kathy said...

Fran I just love the little scenes that you can create in such a little space!! This is just brilliant and I do love her utensils in her pocket!! Fabulous!! AND thanks for explaining I didn't know what they were for!! But those are good ideas ~ if I have time maybe I'll give it a try!! :)Kathy

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous fran Love the little scene, Hugs Debbie x

MichelleO said...

Oh Fran I love this!!! She is just so adorable, and love the pencil! I love the new collection of school kids and they are just perfect for now... wonderful as you always do!
HUGS
MichelleO

Alison said...

Stunning work Fran I love it. It always amazes me how much detail you get into such a small area.

Malin said...

Beautiful every card is just wonderful...

//Malin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin