Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Sketch Sat: Oakley - all boy!

I love sketch challenges and don't know why I've not taken part in any of the sketch sat challenges before! Well, better late than never! Here's my card for this weeks' sketch using another gorgeous, soon to be released, Whiff of Joy stamps. This one is Oakley on his lil' scooter and I think he is fabulous for boys cards.

Materials:

  • Images: Oakley from the new release of Willow & Oakley stamps over on Whiff of Joy from 3rd Sep. The 'boy' word is from a studio g 99p mini set and I've hand written the 'All'
  • Colouring: Prismacolor pencils & Sansador (gosh it's been a while since I've used them and had to stop and think a bit as I've been so used to colouring with promarkers and distress inks recently!) added little bit of shimmer to the scooter and fun flock on his collar
  • Papers: Dovecraft 'masculine' paper pack
  • Others: semi-circle cut with fiskers circle cutter and embossed with cuttlebug folder. Fiskars threading water border punch. all edges have been distressed with some chalk ink. Ribbon and chipboard circles from stash.


I love how his sheepskin collar turned out with the fun flock, although you have to be careful you don't sneeze when your using that stuff, LOL!

Have a fab day and don't forget, it's only one more sleep until Oakley and his friends will be released ;) !!


27 comments:

Scrapmumur said...

This is very lovely card France!!
I love your composition of papers and the colours are splendid.
Great work.
Hugs, Mumur

Elisabeth Bell said...

Fran, your card is delightful!!! The papers are lovely, and your colouring is as always, beautiful beautiful!!

Biggest Hugs!!

Elisabeth xx

Rach said...

Hi Fran. love your card of Oakley, he looks wonderful with his flock collar, brilliant. Hugs Rachxx

debby4000 said...

He looks fab and wasn't on my wish list of course now he is. Do love the collar on his coat and fabulous papers too.

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card & great colouring :o)x

Malin said...

Loveley card, the choice of colours are perfect!

//Malin

karen said...

Oh Fran i love the flocking on his jacket, great use of the sketch and a lovely card.
karen x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, love the image and your wonderful colouring. Hugs Nikki x

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Ahhhh, Oakley is 'totally cool'!! Great job!

Debbie said...

Wow Fran! Your card is amazing and your colouring is superb. So glad you did join us at Sketch Saturday. Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

Wonderful again Fran I love this image just right for a boy, papers and colouring are up to your usual high standard (I sound like a teacher there don't I) Love it all
Hugs Jacqui x

Mariska said...

Oakley is cute!! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hope to see you back!

xxx
Mariska

traciejane said...

Oh he's so cute, looking forward to the new WOJ stamps. Fabulous card, your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the fun this week :)x

Andrea, said...

this is fab Fran, I love how you have coloured the images

ink'n'rubba said...

what a great card for a boy, beautifully coloured as always and the fun flock is inspiration! annie x

Kathy said...

I love his collar Fran!! Good thinkin'!! This image is so cute I think I have to have this one too!! (But I have been saying that about all of them LOL) I will have to stay up late to be the first customer because if I wait to wake up they will be all gone !!!!
Have a great day :)Kathy

Gill said...

Super card Fran, love the papers and Charlie, wow he is fabulous, fantastic job with the prismas again, thanks for joining us this week at SS, hope you join in again
lv Gill x

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours and your colouring is amazing! Fab stamp too! Jillix

Lim said...

Beautiful card Fran. I loooove your coloring. Fantastic!
Hugs,
LIM

Heather's Creations said...

Sorry I haven't had chance to visit your blog for a week, your cards and bookmark is beautiful, I love the way you colour in your images, it makes them come alive.
**Hugs** Heather x

Brocéliane said...

your card is so gorgeous and Oakley is so cute, great colouring as always :)

Brocéliane

COCO said...

very beautiful card France !!
The colours are splendid
great work

michele said...

wonderful card fran, i love oakley he's a cutie! hugs mx

Els G. said...

What a great card for a boy!
Els
x

Jo said...

Yes he is fabulous for boys cards,
love his collar ;) Thank you for joining us this week

Jo xx

Helena said...

WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Cards for boys are always trickier, I find. I've just be trying to do one for my nephew; he'll be 8 in a few weeks!

Mrs Wonka said...

Great card, it's really lovely.
Mrs Wonka

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin