Thursday, 4 September 2008

PTW Katharina's sketch #10: wish upon a star

PTW this week is another one of Katharina's fab sketches so it was only right that I'd ink up another one of her gorgeous stamps drawn by Elisabeth Bell.


Materials:

  • Image: 'Melinda hugging heart' stamp from Whiff of Joy . The sentiment and the swirly stars around her are actually from a See D 'Magical Christmas' set (1 of those impulse buys from last year which has actually come in useful!)
  • Colouring: Promarkers and shimmer paint over certain bits to make her sparkle like an angel should!
  • Papers: digital download from Designer Digitals love, love, love this site. Even though the papers are 12x12 they can print out on A4 fine and the patterns can come out smaller so even better for cards
  • Others: Petite scallop oval nesties, Fiskars threading water border punch and an SU word window punch. Didn't add any further embellies as I thought the papers were enough with that gorgeous image which is raised on foam dots so it is more dimensional IRL.
I've not been so happy with some of my cards recently but this one turned out better than expected IYKWIM and I love it - even if I do say so myself LOL! It was also nice to make a regular A6 card for a change and not square.


Have a good day.

Hugs,

26 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card & fab colouring.Can't wait for my stamps to get here!!!! :o)x

Malin said...

Beautiful as always!
Magnolia clubkit arrived here today!

//Malin

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh Wow Fran, you did an amazing job with the sketch and love how you have used those gorgeous papers, Love your colouring and the swirls around the image, hugs, Nikki x

Inger said...

Beautiful card and colors, and a really cute stamp!!

Bev said...

Wowzers Fran, this is gorgeous! Absolutely love it!!

hugs Bev x

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

This is gorgeous Fran!! Love the rich colours! Great job, as usual!

ink'n'rubba said...

love the bright colours and your colouring is fabulous! annie x

Claudia Rosa said...

awesome card fran.
love how you added the swirls so they go into the oval
claudia

Debbie said...

This is really beautiful Fran love the colours you have used, Hugs Debbie x

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

Fantastic card - superb colouring and gorgeous papers

cats whiskers said...

This is beautiful as ever Fran oh the wait for these stamps is unbearable, and seeing yours and the rest of the DTs beautiful creations is not making it any easier. Wonderful!!
Hugs Jacqui x

Rach said...

I can see why you love it Fran and rightly so...you have done a fabulous job. hugs Rachxx

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fan, the colours are stunning

Mette said...

This is a stunning card. I just love those colours and the image is super.

Suzanne said...

This is beautiful and I just love the image and papers. Hopefully some of these stamps are winging there way to me as we speak can't wait!! Sue :o)

Deb said...

It is beautiful Fran, love the colours and such a gorgeous image, I hope mine are here tomorrow, can't wait to play! Have a great weekend!

nessy said...

beautiful and so much detail as always fran!! love your colouring ~perfect ~must say loving these stamps ~ you`ve done it again ~must go on my lengthening wish list!!
vanessa xx (mrs cuddlybuddly)

debby4000 said...

WOW, gorgeous card, stunning colours.

Caz said...

OMG Stunning, I am soooo glad I ordered these stamps from WOJ.
Caz
x

Caz said...

I meant to add....I have left an award for you on my blog.
Caz
x

steph said...

It's stunning Fran - the colours you've used are gorgeous and your colouring is amazing! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Jilli said...

Stunning card! Love the colours you've used and that stamp is just gorgeous! Jillix

Kathy said...

Hi Fran!!
This card is gorgeous and your right it looks fab and doesn't need anything else!! The colors are just gorgeous and that image is so cute!! Love the swirls you put on the image mat!!
Hope you have a great week-end :)Kathy

Viv said...

Gotta get me some of these stamps!!! This is one fabulous card Fran. your colouring turns me green with envy! :0)
Viv xxx

Katharina Frei said...

Fabulous once again Fran!! Love the paper and your colouring!
Have a great sunday!
Katharina

Beth said...

This is stunning, I love the papers and colours you've used

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin