Friday, 12 September 2008

Ismaki #30: spinning Melinda

Very nearly didn't attempt this week's Ismaki which was to make a spinning card (it required a bit more 'phaffing' with the cutout & string and I was feeling lazy!) but then I thought if I didn't try it now I never would! It wasn't really that difficult but it just took me ages to decide what papers to use etc LOL. Anyway, glad I made one as I actually love the way it just gently swings around. If I make another one, I would put 2 images on the central panel rather than the text I put on, as I think it would look prettier. here's some more views of the cards from the side and inside:


The tag with the bit of string pulls out from the scalloped circle so you can write a message on that or I could put money/vouchers in it.
Materials:

  • Images: 'Melinda reading book' Whiff of Joy stamp. Circle sentiment on the back is a 'Cats life press' stamp
  • Colouring: Promarkers and stickles (apologies to all blondes/redheads but I am biased to using black/brown colours for hair when I colour ;) in general anyway but especially Elisabeth's images - don't know why but they just scream brunette to me!)
  • Papers: old DCWV stack - it was on my desk, so saved me thinking what to use!
  • Others: scallop and plain circle nesties to cut out aperture and image. Bit of silver metallic thread to suspend image. Script cuttlebug folder used on scrap bit of card for the inside panel. Fiskars threading water border punch for the strip on the front. Sizzix die for the tags inside. brad and ribbon from stash. Oh and cats eyes chalk inkpads for inking round edges of the images and papers.

Still no post from the U.S, but my Papermill store and art store had loads of new goodies in when I visited yesterday so loads of that ended up coming home with me -Oops!
They sold out of the christmas forever friends set I wanted, so I ordered that off Glitterpot yesterday (and cherry tilda just fell in the basket too) and it's just arrived now, along with my Magnolia autumn kit - whoohoo! Hmm, just hope my US stuff is just stuck in customs and not lost (it's not usually this long from HM stamps :( )

Won't have any new cards to show now till Sun/Mon probably as I'll be working, so if I'm not around have a lovely weekend!

24 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Well done Fran,I chickened out of this one!!! It looks great & colouring is luvly.
Like your new goodies,enjoy :o)x

cats whiskers said...

Wow Fran this is stunning and Yummy, love what you have done with the inside of the card. Your goodies look great, did I see some forever friends there, I couldn't resist them either. Don't work to hard over the weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Kathy said...

Whoohoo Fran!! It looks fabulous!! That is funny I had the same thought that two images might look better!! (Great minds think alike-LOL) She is so cute and beautifully colored. I still am waiting impatiently for mine and my fall kit but it will probably all come at once and I won't know where to begin!!!
Anyways have a great week-end Fran!! :)Kathy

mu42800 said...

ouaohh sublime carte et le rond festonné c'est excellent
bizz Mu

IsaNorris said...

lovely! thanks for playing
isa

Malin said...

Beautifula as always...

//Malin

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Great card, Fran! And look at all those yummy goodies! I hope to have the same success when I go shopping tomorrow!! Heehee!

MichelleO said...

Wow very well done Fran! I haven't had the brain to tackle on this challenge this week as I figured it needed more time. Your card is fantastic! I love the bold colors! And wow she really spins!!! FUN!
And girlie... I wanna go shopping with you next time! Wow great stuff! Hope you HM shows up today!
HUGS
MichelleO

Tova said...

Great card !

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Stunning card Fran, I love the inside of your card and your colouring is beautiful as always. Hugs Nikki x

Lisa said...

Is there no end to your talents!!!! Love this, I love all your creations.

Marja Sch said...

Very very well done. A fantastic card.Hugs Marja

ink'n'rubba said...

gorgeous card you have made Fran and love the inside too! And what a fabulous lot of new crafty goodies you have to play with too - fingers crossed your parcel from Dick hasn't gone astray, as you say, he is usually very good. Have a good weekend, hugs, annie x

Jo said...

Wow! what a great card...looks like you put alot of work into that one and your colouring is perfect as usual!!

100drine said...

Wonderful, j'aime beaucoup, bravo !

Viv said...

Now there's only one thing I like more than shopping for goodies....seeing other people's! LOL Wow, all those things that fall into bakets. It's amazing how it happens, isn't it. It happens to me all the time. ;0)
Love the spinning card and I like it as it is, 'coz the message is doesn't interfere with the insides then.
OK, I've rabbited enough. I'll go now. Viv xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, love the papers and the stamp you've used. I love making mine.

CraftyC said...

Looks like alot of work has gone into this, I love it!
Clairex

Bev said...

Fabulous card Fran, I love how you have decorated the inside of the card

hugs Bev

nessy said...

well done you ,fran i took one look at the challege and clicked my mouse!!
it is stunning and what a great new idea you have tried and made ,and always yours is perfect!!
oh wish i had a craft shop like that!! looked on glitterpot on friday ,and decided against the forever friends set (i`m sure once you make a card using them ,i will be kicking myself i didn`t buy!!)
did get a few new magnolias and that pad of card i can see you bought ~wonderful colours aren`t they!!
hope your post arrives very soon
vanessa xx

Deb said...

gorgeous card, love the spinning image, it looks amazing, I haven't tackled this one yet, wish I had set aside some time for it, I might come back to this one later!

Els G. said...

Great card and a wonderful choice of papers!
Els
x

NGCARDS said...

ooooh you have made this look really effective! I may try it myself! Love it! xxx

Katharina Frei said...

This is just so cool Fran!! Great card!
Hugs
Katharina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin