Thursday, 11 September 2008

CCT#27 cats n dogs: 'Christmas harmony'

Theme on CCT this week is 'cats n dogs'. So had a rummage through my PBs and found a few suitable candidates. Manage to whittle it down to 2 but typical indecisive me couldn't decide, so used them both!


Also thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and used the sketch over on Friday Sketchers too (just squished the sketch as I went for a long thin card and not square). Thinking about it, I could probably kill 3 birds and enter it into this week's PB challenge of 'for the girls' too as I think it's rather girly colours (colours are actually a bit softer IRL) and with all that glitter too!

Materials:

  • Images: ''Jolly xmas kitty' & 'that xmas feeling' Penny Black stamps
  • Colouring: Prismacolour/Sansodor with woodware 'fluffy stuff' (i.e white puff paint) on the hat trims and bobbles plus lots of glamour dust.
  • Papers: last year's Dovecraft christmas pack 'christmas blues'
  • Others: Fiskars 'threading water' border punch, circle nesties. Sentiment from a PM clear set which has been stamped onto one of the circles from the dp and punched out. Snowflakes are combination of a pop up punch (which doesn't cut the whole thing out, it just curls out from the page IYKWIM) which I have then layered with another snowflake from a cuttlebug die. These have been glittered with glamour dust .

Picture below shows close up of one of the snowflakes and you can see the puff paint and glitter better.Just need to find a larger envelope now, as the hats poking up makes it larger than DL size!
Now, lets hope I get some nice post today but if not I'm popping into town later and hoping my local papermill may have some new Forever friends stamps in ;) Addicted?! Who? 'Moi'??!!

27 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card Fran, the images are so sweet and I love the colours you have used

Rach said...

awww Fran,
How adorable..love the fur trims...Hugs Rachxx

sillymonkeycrafts said...

Very cute - I love Forever friends and made a FF card last night, I feel like i am 12 again and am considering trying to dig out my FF duvet cover!

debby4000 said...

gorgeous, do love those images they look so cute together.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is just the cutest Fran, gonna have to get some of the fluffy stuff as it looks fab, Hugs, Nikki x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Great card Fran, love the sweet cat and dog! I ordered some FF from Glitter Pot last night....will keep me busy until the PB & Magnolia stamps arrive!
Carole ;D

Lisa said...

Oh Fran, what a fab, fun and cool take on the holiday season. Really love it.
I really must try and do some of these challenges tooo!!! I am just buried at the mo under a mountain of samples for my numerous demo days. But hey ho I love it really.

Diane.W. said...

Great card,Fran! luv all the details:o)x

Debbie said...

Fab card Fran Love the cute images,Hugs Debbie x

Suzanne said...

Oh this is gorgeous isn't it funny how when you see people use papers you have they always look better!!. Sue :o)

Jill said...

great card Fram, I love your colouring and those cute images, really like the scalloped edges Jill x

ink'n'rubba said...

ooo love the sparkle Fran! and such cute images, especially the doggy with the very long stocking, should get a big bone in that one!
annie x

Deb said...

beautiful card Fran, love the layout, well done for squeezing in another challenge too! love the sweet images and the puff paint is fabulous!

mar1ene said...

Yummie, yummie! love it!
Fabby details and gorgeous colouring!!
Hugs, Marlene x

Malin said...

Super cute card and the way you colourd them is stunning as always!

//Malin

Claudia Rosa said...

super cute fran.
love the glitter and dimension on your card
claudia

Heather "Hev" said...

I love it :)
Both go so well together :)

cats whiskers said...

Oh what a fabulous fun card Fran love everything about it. Thanks for joining PB challenge this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Swaantje said...

What a beatiful card love the layout and the cute image coloured so beautifully

nessy said...

fab card fan ~ can see why you couldn`t choose ~makes a great xmas card ~your right very girly with loads of sparkle!!

Gill said...

wow, how cute is this card, love those two little guys, great colours and fab colouring
lv Gill x

Kristine said...

OMG Fran!
This card is the cutest and the PB dog and cat are so sweet!
Love the colours you used!
Have a lovely weekend my dear!
Hugs from Kristine

Atty said...

This card is just adorable. Love the dog and cat. Like all your details.
Donna

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Beautiful christmas card!! Love the two PB images and the sparkling snow! Great you could combine two challenges. Thanks for playing with my sketch at FS!!! Love from Holland,
Jacqueline

Viv said...

Love it, love it, love it!!!
It's all things christmassy. Pretyy, sparkly, cute, it's got the lot. Viv xxx

Kathy said...

This is so cute Fran!! Those images are so darling!! I love how your stocking goes on to both the cirlces!! That paper is so pretty I actually stick to the red/green colors all the time but I really like this paper!! BTW what does IYKWIM mean? (I know I am so uncool!)haha I just need to ask because I see it all the time and I feel left out! (LOL) :)Kathy

Anesha said...

Wow, beautiful card. Love the images.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin