Wednesday, 6 August 2008

Tilda & Friends ATC: Aug 'Seasons'

Bit late in posting today but didn't get a chance to do this last night (and stick it on schedule post like i normally do).

Anyway it's Wed so time for another lil' ATC which for the next 4 weeks is connected;

as we are all in the midst of holidays and not able to craft every week, I thought it would be a fabulous theme for the next four weeks of August. That means you have 4 weeks to make 4 ATCs, one for Spring, one for Summer, one for Autumn and one for Winter. You can leave us a message at any time during the month so we can come and see your creations, but remember to include at least one Magnolia image on each ATC.
I loved Vanessa's (Guest DT this week) 4 ATCs where she used the same background in each but colured according to the season. This gave me the idea for mine where I have put four ATCs side by side and stamped 1 continuous scene with each one being a different season.

Here is the completed summer segment, coloured with my promarkers:
photo below gives a better shot of the glitter on the sun (good old stickles glue) and my little 3d butterfly (cosmic shimmer paint) plus the sheen of the fence (black sakura glaze pen) but not the sheen on the windows too (clear glaze pen)
and here is sneek peek of where it sits in the line up with the others which I have yet to colour in, apart from the sky where I have chosen diff shades of my blue promarkers to try and match the season (so spring is lighter 'cool aqua', summer is bright 'sky blue', Autumn is a greyer 'cornflower' and winter is cooler lighter 'pale blue'):

Will try and finish the other seasons and post them all next Wed.
Right will be back later tonight to post a card I've nearly finished from last night but then I've also got to go and do my CCT card first, amongst other not so important things like housework & stuff for work!
Have a good day. At least it's stopped raining here today.

12 comments:

nessy said...

what a great idea fran!! yours are so very different than mine ~ such lovely bright colours ~cannot wait for the next season you will show!!
who would have thought little old me being part of the DT for one month!!! cannot get the smile off my face today!!
vanessa xx

Diane.W. said...

Fab ATC,Fran!so sunny & bright :o)x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Love this atc Fran...fabulous idea, can't wait to see them altogether!
Carole ;o)

Rach said...

what a fantastic idea Fran...this one looks so summery...they are going to look gorgeous all together..hugs Rachxx

Glitter Monkey said...

Trust you to come up with an original and fabby idea! I can't wait to see the others now. Lucky you not having any rain - it's not stopped here all day. Lol Lynn x

Andrea, said...

Fab ATC Fran, I love the idea, I'm looking forward to seeing all 4 of them

craftyb said...

oooh love this idea...can't wait to see the "collection"...this one is coloured beautifully! bx

Kathy said...

Great thinking Lincoln!! (That is what my 3 yr old says). That is adorable!! I love the combo of stamps you have used and that layout is fabulous!! I cannot wait to see the rest colored in!!
:) Kathy

Shary said...

Great ATC Fran, who needs housework when you can be playing??
Looking forward to seeing the other 3, they look just as stunning as the first.

ink'n'rubba said...

this is looking fabulous Fran and I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of your ATCs. annie x

Helena said...

OOh amazing, can't wait to see the whole "Street"

Arline said...

Fab idea Fran! Love your summer one! Great sparkle on the sun!xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin