Friday, 29 August 2008

Tilda& Co - 'hands' : station platform . . .

It's been a while since I've joined in with the Tilda Challenges and I have been neglecting my faceless cuties for a while. When I saw this week's challenge was 'hands' and then saw how some of the DT used clocks, I instantly had a station platform scene in my head which I wanted to do with my 2 new traveller tilda & edwin. I just think they are so 'olde worlde' looking (apart from the trainer/sneakers obviously!) that I wanted to watercolour them to give them a softer look. Here it is:

Materials:

  • Images: all Magnolia stamps except the clock (from an old clear set I've never used but didn't want to get rid of - good job really!). Traveller Tilda, Edwin and the suitcases from their latest release. The bench, steel fence and brick wall from older collections
  • Colouring: all watercoloured with distress inks and a touch of gold shimmer paint on the suitcase and handbag handles. Background all stamped directly onto paper using masking technique although I had to hand draw bits of the wall to finish it off. All stamped with 'Smokey grey' Versafine inkpad as I wanted more faded look.
  • Papers: tore a piece of DP which had passport stamps all over it. Tickets are digital download version of the Autumn leaves 'ticketed' stamps which I got here (they do loads of gorgeous paper downloads too)
  • Others: diamond glaze over clock face, ribbon, flowers, brads from stash. Used Heidi Swapp distresser round edges of image.
    Here's a close up of Tilda & Edwin and the clock to show how they are raised on 3d foam pads, Edwin's is slightly thicker so stands out more.

    I was going to stamp a little sentiment in top left bit of sky but decided to leave it off until I use it and then decide then.

    Must also show you this lovely looking award I got off Rach :

    Rules for the JAVABLU AWARD:
    1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.

    2. Link the person you received your award from.

    3. Nominate at least 5 other blogs.

    4.Before listing the nominees give a brief reason why you chose them

    5. Put links of those blogs on yours.

    6. Leave a message on the blogs you have nominated

    Thanks Rach! I would like to give this award to everyone on my blogroll and all the DT teams I'm on, for the reasons given on the award itself - you all inspire me with your creativity and art and have all become great blogging friends and for that, I thank you! I will try and remember to mention it when I next visit you all over the coming week, but if you see this first, please feel free to take it!

    Have a lovely weekend everyone!

    Hugs,

    17 comments:

    Viv said...

    Oh how lovely to get this award Fran. Well deserved too! your cards are creative and inspirational. Viv xx

    Viv said...

    Ooops!! Forgot tosat how much I liked the 'Hands' card! It sounds daft, but it reminds me of Harry Potter and whatsername waiting on the platfrom! LUV it. Viv xx

    Debbie said...

    This is Amazing Fan I love the vintage feel of it.
    Hugs Debbie x

    ink'n'rubba said...

    what a lovely little station scene you created - it reminds me of the early Harry Potter films! and congratulations on the award too. annie x

    MichelleO said...

    Oh man you are sooo good at these scene cards and this one really is amazing, love all the details! And the coloring is perfect for the scene! FABULOUS!

    congrats on the award, and well deserved you are amazing... thanks for including me in you blog roll!
    HUGS
    MichelleO

    Diane.W. said...

    Hi Fran! Cangrats on the award.
    Your card is great,luv all the detail :o)x

    Rach said...

    gorgeous card fran....love the vintage feel...great scene...hugs Rachxx

    stardustgemsandribbon said...

    Super card Fran...perfect station scene... Tilda and Edwin look so cute together. So pleased that I am on your blogroll!
    Have a great weekend.
    Carole ;o)

    Helena said...

    Oh my, this card is amazing, I love everything about it!!! The vintage feel is beautiful!!!!
    xxxx

    Elisabeth Bell said...

    Fran, Wow! Your colouring is AMAZING. Simply stupefying. :) And your scenery is magical!

    Biggest Hugs!!

    Elisabeth xx

    Malin said...

    I love it... looks stunning as usual - I like the idea with the brick wall - and the "old look".

    //Malin

    Chrissie said...

    Such a wonderful creation Fran, I love the "vintage" look to this and the way you've given that aged look to everything, just gorgeous!

    Kraftin' Kimmie said...

    Simply stunning Fran!! What an amazing scene!!!

    Kraftin' Kimmie said...

    P.S. Is that platform 9 and 3/4's?? Heehee!!

    P.P.S. I can't WAIT to see what you design NEXT!! *wink, wink*

    craftyb said...

    absolutely fabulous Fran...you are sooo clever with your scenes...i wonder where they're off to!! bx

    Kate's Makes said...

    I've just seen this card and it's amazing! How long did it take you to make? It's a little work of art, i bet whoever received it was over the moon! :o) Kate

    Lim said...

    I'm Speechless!! Fran, this card is stunning!! You are so good in scene. Beautiful, gorgeous and spectacular!!!
    I love to see your cards because you make me feel like I'm inside that scene...You almost can feel the train noise.. chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ( train noise, LOL)
    Beautiful card and these two even is they are a little bit serious in the station I know they are going to have fun in that trip.
    Hugs,
    LIM

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin