Monday, 18 August 2008

Spoonful sugar: secret message

Hello! Hope you've all had a lovely weekend even if we are having a non-existent summer! It's been raining on and off here and have you noticed it's turning dark earlier - how depressing!

Anyway, I've only made the one card tonight as I made the mistake of re-arranging bits on my desk and don't you find that once you start everything kinda explodes and I had a tough time trying to find homes for everything again! Didn't make any over the weekend as I've been watching the Olympics and also making more crochet flowers as I've got the hang of them now (turned out my earlier efforts weren't actually correct as I got some of the stitches wrong but don't think you can tell lol).

Enough talk, here's the card. It's for spoonful of sugar challenge which ends in about 30mins so I best get my skates on! The theme was 'a secret message' so I thought I'd make anniversary card for hubby seeing as it's our anniversary this Friday (8yrs).

The hearts swing down to reveal the secret message:
H&S images (thanks Nikki!) coloured with promarkers, cut out and raised on 3d foam. DP is cosmo cricket 'honey pie', some red glitter card and a sizzix heart die used. Added some stardust glitter pen over the spots and also faux stitching around the edges and that was it. It was refreshing to make a card that wasn't square for a change!

Hopefully he'll like it as he likes most of my cute cards, it's the 'arty' ones that I don't get much reactions too!

14 comments:

Maria said...

Happy Anniversary Fran! I'm sure hubby will love it! It is a wonderful card and I love how you've 'hidden' the message. Hugs, Maria

Kathy said...

This is adorable Fran!! I am sure he will like it, how can you not!! The paper is gorgeous and the images are so cute!! I LOVE the colors you have used and your secret message idea is brilliant!! I love it!! Can't wait to see more of your flowers and your right I couldn't tell!! I thought they were beautiful!! :)Kathy

Camilla said...

Ohh your card is wonderful!! So clever hidden message!!:) He must love it!;)
Happy anniversary!
Hugs, Camilla.

debby4000 said...

Stunning card, love the hAnglar couple and your secret message.
Happy Anniversary for Friday.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran I love the hanglar image and the secret message, Thanks for playing along this week,
Hugs Debbie x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Happy Anniversary for Friday Fran, Gorgeous card and am sure hubby will love it. Your secret message design is fabulous, Hugs, Nikki x

Rach said...

happy Anniversary for friday Fran (and hubby).
I am sure he will love it Fran...there isn't anything to not love...your secret message is awesome..great work.hugs rachxx

Gill said...

Gorgeous card, love the cute hAnglers and beautiful colours you have used....happy Anniversary for Friday
lv Gill x

Diane.W. said...

Cutey card,it's great! Happy Anniversary for Friday :o)x

Shary said...

I'm sure he will love it Fran it's fab.
Happy Anniversary!!!

mueppi said...

Great card, Fran!!
I love your coclouring an this image!!!!!
Hugs Gisela

traciejane said...

oh wow fabulous card Fran, adorable. Im sure your hubby loved it - stunning :)x

Suzanne said...

Happy Anniversary for Friday.. Gorgeous card I am sure hubby will be thrilled love the colours. Sue :o)

ink'n'rubba said...

oo I missed seeing this one! fab card, and a great hidden message! annie x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin