Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Sarah Kay wkly: Charming crochet?!

Managed to take part in a Sarah Kay challenge this week (I keep running out of time!) and luckily this weeks theme was to use charms which made it easier as I didn't have to tax my lil brian to get my bits to fit a sketch! As I've mentioned I've been making more crochet flowers and experimenting with different thickness of yarn as I've been struggling to find nice thiness cotton crochet yarn in pretty colours (any suggestion anyone?). I have very thin in some pastel colours but I wanted more colours in a slightly thicker gauge but what I got is a tad too thick and gave me a whopper of a flower! However I wanted to use it so based my card round it as it matched the bit of scrap DP I had left over from the other day. Sarah Kay stamp (yeah, I've used them all now :) ) coloured with promarkers, papers are Cosmo cricket 'Honey Pie', charms and metal embellies from candy I won off Camilla (must find some more, love them!), flourishes are an Inkadinkado clear stamp set.


Did you see the 200m men's final yesterday? A-mazing!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Gorgeous Fran!! How do you get the colors to be so brilliant and look just like IRL???
Anyway your flowers are FAB!! I am jealous!! I don't have the patience to do it!! Love the sentiment too!!! :)Kathy

Diane.W. said...

Are there no ends to your talents,lol?!!!! Your crochet flower is luvly & fab card too :o)x

debby4000 said...

That flower is gorgeous, fabulous card. Oops not used all my Sarah Kays yet.

MichelleO said...

Oh this is fabulous! Your coloring is perfect, the papers are so pretty and that flower just makes it all even better! My MIL crochets... I'll ask what she used for her thread cuz she uses really pretty colors sometimes.
HUGS
MichelleO

ink'n'rubba said...

Beautiful card Fran - I love Sarah Kay! have you tried embroidery cotton, there are different types and thicknesses to choose from. annie x

Kristine said...

Hi Fran!
This is a beautiful card and that crochet flower is fab! Which I knew how to make them;)
BTW, a package was sent to you on Tuesday so please let me know when it has arrived safely, so I don't need to worry anymore;)
Hope you'll have a nice weekend!
Hugs
Kristine

Rach said...

fabulous card Fran,
gorgeous crochet flower. hugs rachxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin