Wednesday, 27 August 2008

PTW 'stitch in time'

PTW this week is to use stiches, real or faux. I was halfway through making another Christmas card (really in the mood for them at the moment, must be the lack of sunshine) and had put it to one side as I couldn't decide on layout when this theme came up and gave me the direction I needed. I've put faux stitches around all the edges and also added some real stiches with a crochet flower (this one was made by my sister - the tension on it is far too neat and consistent to be mine! She was a sweetheart and sent me loads of examples when she sent me some patterns a few months ago.)

Materials:

  • Images: 'winter charlotte with cat' Whiff of Joy stamp
  • Colouring: promarkers and clear stardust pen over hat trim and cat's bell
  • Papers: PM 'naughty or nice' christmas pack.
  • Others: scrap pink card embossed with christmas bauble cuttlebug folder, fiskars threading border punch, SU ribbon slot punch, sizzix snowflake die, silver snowflake peel off stickers, crochet flower, ribbon, metal spacer and brad from stash

For those wondering where my ATCs have gone to, it's because there was 1 theme for the whole of Aug and I showed them all a couple of weeks ago but new theme will be up next week so check back then - it's scary how fast this month has gone, but then again, maybe not for those that have had the kids at home all this time ;), not long to go now before your little darlings are back at school!

Have been spending too much time internet window shopping (hence no card yesterday!) and have noticed lots of new christmas ranges coming out from all the various stamp companies - Ughhh, it's getting sooo hard to decide which ones to get, then just when I'm trying to prioritise I see that Penny black are retiring some of their older Christmas stamps and some are ones I've wanted but thought could wait but now I'm thinking I best get them before they dissappear and go for silly prices on ebay! Right, must pry myself away from the PC and go make some cards to justify getting more stash, LOL!

Have a good day.

21 comments:

My Little Space said...

Fran, this is a really super card, love it!

Mandy

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

What a lovely design, Fran! Love the bright and fun colours!!!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran Your colouring is Beautiful.
Hugs Debbie x

Rach said...

wow what a wonderful card Fran. love the bright colours and your fab layout...hugs Rachxx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Hi Fran, gorgeous card love the cute image and the lovely bright colours. Hugs Nikki x

SammieJay said...

I think the crotcheted flower really bags the stitches on this card. Beautiful and imaginative,
SammieJay

MichelleO said...

Oh this is wonderful! Love the colors and you know I love that stitching =)

I asked my MIL how she makes her crochet flowers... she say for the best flowers she uses size 3 crochet thread. Not yarn. We were at the craft store and she showed me, and they had some really fabulous colors... If ya need some let me know -
HUGS
MichelleO

cats whiskers said...

Fran this is a great colourful happy christmas card. Love it all, I agree with your about all these new stamps trying to save my money until H&S and Guardian Angel come out, how awful to have no money the day they release them.
Hugs Honey
Jacqui x

Kristine said...

This card is beautiful Fran!
I love those colours. Not typically Christmas colours for me, but SO cool together!
Have a nice day;)
Hugs Kristine

Moni said...

beautiful work

Wendy said...

Lovely card
Wendy x

Heather's Creations said...

Another beautiful creation, Fran :)
**Hugs** Heather x

ink'n'rubba said...

another fabulous creation Fran, and all that stitching must have taken ages! great colouring on the cute image, you are indeed expert with those pens! annie x

Bev said...

Fabulous card Fran, I just love those papers but your colouring is just amazing!! You make those papers sing girl!!

hugs Bev x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Fran, love the vibrant colours and of course brilliant work with WOJ stamp

Diane.W. said...

You really are a spendaholic!!!
Your card is beautiful :o)x

Kim said...

I thought I had left a comment on this card already.. Well I love it as always :) Kimx

Katharina Frei said...

I love your colouring and the freash layout on this one Fran!!!

Debbie said...

Great card Fran! Love the bright colours you have used.

SCRAP DIDI said...

i love card

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin