Friday, 8 August 2008

PTW Katharina's sketch #8: 'let it snow'

PTW this week is another fab sketch by Katharina, so it only seemed right that I'd use another Charlotte stamp to make a DT card for her :)
Sorry if it seems a bit weird seeing Christmas cards in August but I'm actually quite enjoying making them earlier as I can spend more time on them rather than my usual last minute panic. This is Carol singing Charlotte and I really love colouring her with dark hair - think it matches her gorgeous big eyes.
Materials:
  • Images: 'Carol singing Charlotte' from Whiff of Joy stamps. The holly flourish and the let it snow circle are from an Inkadinkado 'doodles holiday' clear set. They have some fab new ones for autumn and xmas which I couldn't resist ;)
  • Colouring: Promarkers and white gel pen (Inkssentials)
  • Paper:DCWV christmas stack from last year (Forgot how much I liked this stack) & glitter card stack
  • Others: scallop circle nesties, fiskars 'threading water' border punch again! (can you tell I like mine?!), ribbon, snow brad & gems from stash (wasn't quite the right shade of red so went over it with matching promarker pen)

Don't forget you've got till Aug 11th to place your Charlotte & Charlie pre-orders over at Whiff of Joy AND qualify for FREE shipping. For those that have already ordered them, not long to wait before you can play with these babies! If you want to see more of these cuties made up try the other Whiff of Joy DT's (links on my list to the right) not everyone has them yet but I know Rach & Kimmie have - you won't be dissapointed!


Before you go and leave me, I've been asked to do a promarker colouring tutorial so I took some step by step photos whilst I was making this card and will try and write something up just need some time to edit the photos etc.
Have a good Friday.

23 comments:

Bunny B said...

Oooo...that's super cute, adorable and gorgeous!! :))

All Pink girl said...

Wow so adorable Fran ,love it ,Dawnx

Tanya said...

Wow! I am impressed Fran! Fab card!! Sooo cute image!love the colours and your colouring!
Hugs, Tanya
xx

Heather's Creations said...

oooohhh I have just ordered some promarkers :) can't wait for the tut it will be great :)
I love the card you have made, I sure wish I had the money for them new stamps **sigh** but my spare cash went on the promarkers :)
You know, I am rather late with my xras cards this year, but at least I can always get inspiration from you when I do start :)
**hugs** Heather x

Rach said...

whoooo hooo Fran...
fabulous card, love how you have coloured charlotte and her hair does look fabulous in that colour...love all the details...well done.
will look forward to your tutorial...Hugs RAchxx

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

This is gorgeous Fran!! I agree about the dark hair...Charlotte looks great with dark hair (like you and me...heehee)!

Another gorgeous creation and your colouring is just amazing!!!

I did post a Charlotte design today on my blog too!!

Debbie said...

This is so cute fran I can't wait until i get my stamps.
Hugs Debbie x

Debbie said...

This is so cute fran I can't wait until i get my stamps.
Hugs Debbie x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Wow Fran this card is gorgeous love the colour scheme you have used and your colouring is superb. Hugs Nikki x

cats whiskers said...

She is so cute Fran and you have coloured her perfectly as usual, great card. have a good weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Malin said...

Beautiful as always...
//Malin

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Fantastic card Fran...just love to visit your blog and see your wonderful creations, your colouring is superb...can't wait to read your turorial.
Have a great weekend.
Carole ;o)

Katharina Frei said...

How lovely of you Fran!! Your card is brilliant and your colouring is heavenly. Charlotte really comes to live. And I know exactly what you mean with early christmas cards. I am actually so happy that I can do some early this year and actually enjoy doing them with out the last minute stress...hehe
have a great weekend and I can't wait to see the colouring tutorial!
Hugs
Katharina

debby4000 said...

Adorable christmas card, can't wait for mine and hurray up with the tutorial my promarkers are gathering dust.

Gill said...

Absolutely fabulous!, the colours are stunning, love the flourishes, the image is gorgeous, (even looked at a close up lol!) your colouring is superb, would love to look at a tutorial for the markers...I think you're converting so many people!!
lv Gill x

Diane.W. said...

Fab card again! Luv those flourish stamps too :o)x

Glitter Monkey said...

What a beauty Charlotte is! Great card and I love your new blog layout Fran! Lol Lynn x

MichelleO said...

Wonderful... I love the bright colors! And you are killing me with these adorable images! I am dying to get them... =)
HUGS
MichelleO

Bev said...

This is just so gorgeous Fran - your colouring is amazing! Thanks so much for the tut on Promarkers, you have helped me make up my mind to get some (Visa meltdown alert lol).

ink'n'rubba said...

another fabulous card Fran! and a great tutorial in the next post too. Your colouring with those markers is amazing! annie x

steph said...

Wow this is gorgeous Fran! The image is fab! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

craftyscot said...

great card
Sharon
x

Inge said...

What a great idea to give her some "doodles" Wonderful and adorable card:-D

Inge xo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin