Sunday, 3 August 2008

PTW, cool yule: My first Whiff of Joy DT card!!!


Materials:
  • Images: 'Angel Charlotte' Whiff of Joy stamp available to pre-order now. I've cut out and mounted top half of her onto 3d foam so her wings are curved up, hard to tell from photo
  • Colouring:Promarkers and lots of glamour dust on wings and halo
  • Paper: DCWV christmas '07 stack and DCWV glitter cardstock
  • Others: Petite scallop ovals nestabilities, sizzix sparkle#2 die, flowers, brads and gems from stash
O.K, here it is then, but be gentle with me, as I didn't spend as long as I normally do mulling over colours/layouts etc as I was desperate to make something to post tonight. I got all the Charlotte & Charlie christmas range and had a hard time deciding which to use first but seeing as Katharina's inked up the tree one I've gone for the angel one.

Stamped with my new Palette Noir inkpad which gives as fine and detailed an image as my Versafine (which I love but it was smudging a little bit, mainly on the freckles of my tildas!!). As for the smudging, I think it's slightly better but I still got a teeny tiny bit round her mouth but that could be because the pad's new so still a bit too juicy (even though I did leave image to dry overnight before colouring). Will try blasting with heatgun next time and see if that makes it any better. Overall, I would recommend either Versafine or Paletter Noir as the best all round inkpad as I can use them with waterbased or alcohol based colouring (Stazon not good with alcohol based products plus the cleaner's not good for acrylic stamps)

Isn't she just so cute with her big expressive eyes and her gorgeous big wings, hope you like it! If you do, hurry over to Whiff of Joy, as it's FREE shipping if you pre-order now and stamps will be ready to ship August 11th.

As it's a christmas card, I'm entering it into PTW challenge of 'cool yule' .

28 comments:

Jo said...

Fabulous work Fran...that's why Katharina's got you on her DT!

Camilla said...

OMG!! Amazing card Fran!!Love it!! The design are fab, and your colouring makes her look alive;)
Hugs, Camilla.

Trina said...

Adorable Fran!! An adorable image and your coloring is sooo great! Love seeing these samples from Whiff of Joy....can't wait to see more!

Kathy said...

WOW does she ever look adorable colored in!!! Now I will have to go add to my order!! She really was brought to life with your gorgeous coloring and her wings look heavenly!!! Love it...
:)Kathy

Shary said...

Ah you didn't disappoint me Fran I knew your first card with the stamps would be gorgeous and it is.... beautiful. I know the rest will be the same too, look forward to seeing them all soon.

debby4000 said...

She is gorgeous, stunning work.

Kristine said...

Good morning Fran! What a cure card! Such a lovely stamp and all that glitter looks so good!
Have a nice week sweetie and I'll update you later this week! You know;)
Kristine

Katharina Frei said...

Wow Fran, I stalked your blog the whole day yesterday..hehehe
and it was worth the waiting. Loooove your first Charlotte card! Wonderful colouring and superb layout. Great job! Thanks so much!
Hugs
Katharina xx

Vicky said...

Fab card Fran. I love the bright cheery colours you have used, they go so well together. The image is just adorable!
Vicky x

Rach said...

whooo hooo,
Go Girl!
This is adorable....love how you have popped charlotte. she really comes off of the page.....love all the glitter on her wings and halo.....stunning...great use of colours.
beautiful first card with Whiff of joy stamps...well done.
Big hugs Rach.xxxx

cats whiskers said...

Wow Wow Wow Fran, this is beautiful, love the colours you have used. How lucky you are to have then already, I cannot wait. I must say she is as good as she looked on the preview. Thanks for all the info on Inks. I began to think it was just me who had smudgey in. Have a great Day hun
Hugs Jacqui xx

Inge said...

You lucky girl, I'm still waiting on my stamps to arrive;-)

What a fabulous card you've made, love it!!!

Inge xo

Heather's Creations said...

Oh wow, isn't she just the cutest :) You certainly can't tell that you didn't spend as much time on this card, looks awesome to me and the colours work wonderfully together.
**Hugs** Heather x

Sharon said...

Wow Fran, this card is stunning & fairly jumps out of the screen lol!! This image is so cute too.
Sharon :-)x

spikescreativeside said...

Wow! What a fab card! I've already pre-ordered my Charlotte's and Charlie's, I can't wait to receive them!! After seeing you're gorgeous card I want to add that one to my list! Thanks so much!

~Spike

Debbie said...

Wow Fran This is gorgeous I love the Beautiful DP and your colouring of this very cute image is Amazing.
Hugs Debbie x

Diane.W. said...

Luv how you made her 3d & all the sparkle :o)x

p.s what is Glamour Dust & where do you buy it,plse?

ink'n'rubba said...

Fabulous card Fran with the new Whiff of Joy stamp! love the glitter of course! annie x

Glitter Monkey said...

She's beautiful! It's great to see one of Katharina's stamps used in a card - they are a gorgeous as they look! Lol Lynn x

Brocéliane said...

wow your card is so beautiful :)
love everything on it :)
*Brocéliane*

MichelleO said...

OH you are the greatest DT! Cuz you make me want to use this stamp right away! Really fabulous love the coloring on her!
HUGS
MichelleO

nessy said...

can see why you have been picked for the DT team!!
what an amazing card!! ~looks like she is about to fly out of the card!!
vanessa xx

steph said...

Fab card Fran! The colours are great!!! I'm sure you'll have great fun working with Katharina - the stamps look fab! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

craftyb said...

Congratulations Frances...aside from Katharina's card this is the first WOJ I've seen!! ANd I love what you've done...I love your colour scheme...no surprise there though ehh??!! i wonder which image will be next....!! bx

Nicola said...

Beautiful card. I have my stamps on order I cant wait to get them and play.

Hugs
Nic

Suzanne said...

Oh this is just beautiful and as everyone has said this is why you are on the DT. Nice to hear your comments about inkpads I also have been getting some smudging but I do love these pro markers just bought another 5 today!!!! Sue :o)

Helena said...

WOW, she is beautiful!!!

I think I might be saving up my pennies or dropping major hints on what Dh might get me for Christmas, I am falling in love with these stamps!

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin