Thursday, 28 August 2008

On the 7th day of Christmas . .

. . my true love gave to me . . . (I can hear you all humming it trying to remember :), I always get confused what goes where after '5 gold rings' LOL). . it's 7 swans a swimming.

No I've not gone mad (not totally!) but this week's CCT theme is 'in the water' and I decided to use 1 of the stamps from my PB '12 days of Christmas' clear set. This was after I was piped to my first choice of stamp by another DT (you know who you are ;/), who have all come up with fab ideas for 'in the water' and you will need to check out but not before you've read to the end o.k?

It's not an obvious or traditional christmas card but I think they make great fun cards and can be whipped up really quickly.

Not much to this card really, I wanted to incorporate the 12 days song so typed it up in powerpoint into a circle and printed straight onto A4 card which I turned into my cardbase.

Then image was just coloured (what little there!) with distress inks and cosmic shimmer (click on photo for close up) and cut and layered onto dp with my circle nesties. Sponged the edge of the circle and the card base with some red chalk to soften the edges. The '7 swans a swimming' come with the set and all the sentiments are seperate to the image which I think is brilliant as it makes them usable all year round.

That's all for now. You can pop on over to CCT now and see the other cards and the fab watery themed candy on offer this week.

(Hope you get the song out of your head . . all together now . .'5 golden rings', 4 calling birds, 3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree!!!!) ;D

22 comments:

debby4000 said...

Brilliant card, clever you with the circle words. Cute little swan.

Viv said...

Oooh I love this circley card! (Is circley a word)? LOL
Very differnt from the usual and very clever Fran. Viv xx

Rach said...

Love your card fran, very ingenious to print the song in a circle on the outer edge...very clever...and thanks for the song now planted in my head first thing in the morning!!...it will drive me up the wall by later....lol....!!
have a great day. hugs Rachxx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Fabulous Fran, I love the way you have created the 12 day song on Power point. The nesties look fab and love the cute swan, Hugs, Nikki x

Diane.W. said...

Hey,this is fab!!! I luv the circle you printed,what a great idea :o0x

Mandy said...

beautiful card and stamps

xx mandy

Andrea, said...

Great card Fran, love the image and papers. My stamps are still in the packet!

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran! Ther is an award on my blog for you!!! :o)x

ink'n'rubba said...

now you've done it! I shall be hummin' that song all day! fabby card you made and great idea with the printing in a circle! annie x

Swaantje said...

Very pretty card!
The little swan is so cute.
Hugs
Swaani

nessy said...

so,so clever!! fantastic card fran (as always)~ much more subtle than usual!! :~)
vanessa xx
ps ~cannot believe you didn`t buy and cb stamps!!(are you sure??)

Shary said...

Great card Fran. Very clever with the circular wording. Got that blasted song in my head now!!

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for that Fran cannot get that song out of my head now. Love this card, I love simple cards that say a lot and this one fits the bill, great image. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog
lots of hugs xx
Jacqui

Deb said...

fabulous card Fran, great job on the circular song words, such a fab idea, love the song as do my kids, I am hoarse by the end of it though! I have been admiring those stamps, you might just have sold them to me!

Claudia Rosa said...

faboulous.. i also love your circle idea! very clever
claudia

Debbie said...

Fab card Fran but now i can't get this song out of my head Lol
Hugs Debbie x

Marit said...

That's lovely!

But now you got me starting on Christmas card already ;-)

MichelleO said...

Ok, now thanks for the song in my head... yea right will be singing that all day now!

Love the card though, REALLY Brilliant with the words printed in the circle, and the swan looks great!
HUGS
MichelleO

Vicky said...

I love this card Fran. I agree not a traditional christmas card image, but I love these 12 days of chritmas stamps and they are definately on my wish list! Love it!
Vicky x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Fab card Fran, love your words...neat idea.
Carole ;o)

Heather's Creations said...

wonderful!!!!! I love it :)
I keep having to resist putting the decorations up, all this xmas chatter on my fave blogs is making me sure wish it was xmas already lol.

**Hugs** Heather x

Lim said...

WOW..so cute and relaxing... Beautiful stamps as well.
Hugs,
LIM

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin