Friday, 1 August 2008

Fri Sketchers: celebrate

Late I know, but this week has just flown by again. I did finish it earlier this evening but haven't had a chance to post it till now. Will try to be earlier next week (my days should be back to normal as my Sis flies home tomorrow).

Here's the sketch

and here's my take on it:

Materials:

  • Image: Precious Moments stamp by Stampendous - don't know name but it's an old one from ebay as they are no longer available
  • Colouring: Promarkers. If you like the idea of Copics but find them too expensive then I recommend trying these as they are cheaper and I love the results you get - looks like it was printed IYKWIM (see close up below)
  • Paper: BG 'Euphoria' & blue cardstock from stash
  • Others: cuttlebug embossing folder, fiskars 'threading water' border punch, SU word window punch

My Wii arrived with the Wii fit and have had a go - love it! Watching my sister trying to be goalie had me crying with laughter which probably burnt up just as much calories as she did. Worth every penny :) Got that silly step music in my head now though! I knew I'd put weight on just didn't realise how much - need to lose a stone to reach target BMI of 22 (I'm borderline on overweight at the moment as my BMI is just under 25 :( )

Have a good Friday.

27 comments:

Kristine said...

Good morning Fran!
This card is just amazing. And your colouring is fab! It does look like a printed image!
I also love the ProMarkers;)
Hugs
Kristine;)

Sandra said...

Hi,"GORGEOUS CARD",fantastic colouring,just love it!.
Sandra x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, beautiful image. Sounds like you had good time with your sister.

Rach said...

ohhhh Fran this is so Yummy!
Love all the colours and your image is perfect..I love how you colour with the markers...well done. (I have bought some markers but still have to work out how to use them properly....hehe)
Hugs rach.xx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Fran, what a cute stamp and your colouring is just awesome! Have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Fran what a fantastic card, such beautiful colours, it makes me feel happy just looking at it. You are getting so good with those ProMarkers. Good Luck with the WII sounds a bit energetic for me.
Have a great weekend Hugs Jacqui x

ink'n'rubba said...

wow Fran, what an amazing card and what a find that stamp was, it's gorgeous and so many little pieces on it you could use with other images too! I am still wavering over the ProMarkers as I do love my pencils and wonder if I'd be any good with them. annie x

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran! Luv your card.
My Promarkers just arrived & they are soooo fab!!!!! :o)x

Debbie said...

gorgeous card Fran your colouring of the image is beautiful.
Hugs Debbie x

Kathy said...

What a fantabulous card Fran!! Oh that image is just the cutest and yes it does look like it was printed off!!! All the details and colors are just stunning!!

(BTW ~ that BMI thing is crap!! you look great!! They say my husband is overweight everytime we go to the doctor and he is far from!!!)

Have a great week-end!!! Enjoy your Wii!!!

Vicky said...

Wow such a bright and funky card. I love it!

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Gorgeous card Fran...love this cute image...and I actually have it too...but not used it yet! Your colouring is wonderful...you are doing a fab job with the markers! The wii fit sounds like a lot of fun...don't injure yourself!
Have a great weekend
Carole ;o)

TheClint&LisBells said...

Oh my. Fran, this is GORGEOUS!!

*Huggles!!*

Elisabeth xx

Jo said...

Absolutely fantastic card Fran...love the little birdie with the balloons!!

Know exactly what you mean about the step music on the Wii! Have you had a go at the Hoola Hoop yet - for some reason my boys think I look hysterical!!

Glitter Monkey said...

Gosh Fran - this is absolutely amazing colouring. Having just got my Promarkers today I am astounded to see what can be done with them! Well done babes. Lol Lynn x

Gill said...

Gorgeous, the stamp is great and your colouring is fabulous, love the layout
lv gill x

Helena said...

OOh wow, this is just stunning!

xxxx

Terria said...

How cute is this card , you did a great job Fran. I love it!!

sam said...

lovely card and great stamp!

nessy said...

i`m in love ... with this image ~it`s just the sweetest i`ve seen for ages fran!! ~what a beautiful card (as always) ~love it all!!
vanessa xx

MichelleO said...

OH Fran this is wonderful! I love that image!!!! Really pretty coloring with all the different animals! HUGS
MichelleO

Marge said...

Totally sweet, Fran!!!

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

wow that card is fantastic - love the image and your painting as per normal is excellemt x

Donalda's Blog said...

This is gorgeous Fran !!!!!! I just love it. Beautiful coloring dear

Marie said...

Your card was wonderful! I loved your colouring!

Marie :)

All Pink girl said...

Wow Fran i love this card ,the image is to die for ,Dawnxx

NATALIE said...

i love the colours you have used on this, they are really bright and eyecatching, great choice of image also!
xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin