Thursday, 14 August 2008

Fri Sketcher #14: Christmas Honey

This week's Fri sketcher's sketch whilst brilliant was also a tough one for me, but got there in the end. I've turned the sketch around and instead of ribbon have used garden twine and a few more flowers to make my first christmas card with my Honey & Pip Sugar Nellie stamps by the fabby Elisabeth Bell Materials:
  • Images: 'Christmas Honey' Sugar Nellie stamp from the Honey & Pip range by Elisabeth Bell from Funky Kits. christmas seal stamp from a Papermania clear set
  • Colouring: Promarkers, stickles, stardust pen around flowers and various inkpads for distressing edges
  • Papers: DCWV christmas stack (last years)
  • Others: flowers cut from Cuttlebug die (I've been thinking about getting the EK success retro flower punch but didn't realise I had these dies which seem to do a similar job - really must use what I have more!) Fiskars threading water border punch, brads, garden twine and anything else I've missed from stash!

The card is shorter at the front and the scallop edge is actually inside where I have utilised the trimmed off scraps. The 2 photos below show what I mean better:



17 comments:

Gill said...

Gorgeous card Fran, the papers are fabulous, such rich colours, great card design and you image looks superb
lv Gill x

Katharina Frei said...

Wow, this is a fantastic card Fran!!! Love it :)

cats whiskers said...

OMG this is fab what beautiful colours you have used AGAIN!!!!, love the way you have coloured her (Amelia- I call her), and the DP's are just ro die for
Hugs Jacqui x

Rach said...

oh my word Fran,
this is stunning....which part did you find hard?....oh boy what a gorgeous gorgeous card. well done you. hugs rachxx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is beautiful Fran and those papers are just fabulous. Hugs, Nikki x

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my goodness, so pretty, beautiful work Fran!!

Beth said...

I absolutely love it! The image is gorgeous and beautifully coloured. I'm loving using these papers at the moment too!

debby4000 said...

Fantastic, love the colours and those fab flowers and of course gorgeous image.

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful card & great colouring,luv the papers too :o)x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Such a pretty card Fran, love the cute image...so beautiful. Thanks for joining us again at friday sketchers.
Carole ;o)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran I love the rich colours.
Hugs Debbie x

MichelleO said...

OH this is gorgeous! I love how you folded back and attached the front... that is the part that drove me nuts! Love Love Love it!
HUGS
MichelleO

ink'n'rubba said...

wow! Amazing! Love the colours and all the details and the little patchwork flowers you created, and of course the gorgous image! annie x

Malin said...

I am out of words, stunning card as always!
//Malin

Claudia Rosa said...

Fabulous work Fran, thank you for playing with the Friday Sketchers.

Hugs,
Claudia

Donalda's Blog said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear, love the colors

Elisabeth Bell said...

Fran, this is entirely gorgeous!! As a matter of fact, you are this week's Designer in the Designer Spotlight on my site! Congratulations!! :D Please visit the link to see more.

http://www.zhibit.org/elisabethbell/blog/fran-designer-spotlight-week-4

*Big Hugs!*

Elisabeth xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin