Thursday, 21 August 2008

CCT#24: 'cutie'

CCT theme this week is Bright colours which is just as well as we're sure not getting any bright sunshine. You need to check out the fab 'spiral whispers' stamps on offer this week too, if you take part (shame I can't be in the draw :/ )

Anyway, here's my card which I'm not very happy with but ran out of time. I think it's because I tried to rush it and I shouldn't have coloured all the sky in but you know when you start something and then it's too late to stop! I do love the elzybell girl though and hopefully I should have some of the christmas ones soon (you know I have a weakness for cute stamps LOL). I think they suit more simple clean layouts which is something I need to work on, especially when all my latest cards have been lots of layers and embellies it's hard to get out of that mindset.

Materials:

  • Images: 'girl on swing' Elzybells stamp 'cutie xoxo' are 99p stamps from PM I think
  • Colouring: promarkers
  • Papers: from scrap pile but think it's originally from DCWV blossoms & butterflies stack
  • Others: petite scallop nestabilities, SU word window punch, green pearlescent cardblank, flowers & brads from stash

17 comments:

Vicky said...

You're right Fran she is a cutie. I too love these elzybells stamps. Very bright and cheery card. Fab!
Hugs, Vicky x

Andrea, said...

Fab card Fran, love the cute image and papers

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Fran. THe colours are rich and a perfect foil for the Elzybell stamp. A real cutey.
Viv xx

Diane.W. said...

You certainly gave em bright,haha!!!! It's luvly!
I like the xmas Elzybells too :o)x

Gill said...

Gorgeous card, very bright. Love the papers and your image looks fab, beautifully coloured
lv gill x

Deb said...

beautiful card, love all the colours and the image is so sweet!

Jeannette said...

What a fab card. It's nice and bright and I love those papers.

Shary said...

Lovely bright card Fran, love those Elzybells.

Malin said...

Such a cute card, it is always nice to pop in here, makes me happy!

//Malin

Swaantje said...

Beautiful card !Lovely image...

Debbie said...

Great card Fran. The colours are stunning.

ink'n'rubba said...

fabulous bright card Fran! and such a cute image beautifully coloured. annie x

Kim said...

Very cute. Elzybells are great aren't they. I've been tempted by the christmas stamps too. Love the papers you have used. Kimx

cats whiskers said...

Great card again Fran lovely and Bright she is such a cute image
Hugs Jacqui x

MichelleO said...

Oh she is a cutie, and love the coloring! wonderful and perfect for the bright challenge!
HUGS
MichelleO

Tara said...

Gorgeous card and image xx

Glitter Monkey said...

Nothing wrong with this babes - wonderful as always. She looks like she's flying high in the air on her swing! Lol Lynn x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin