Thursday, 14 August 2008

CCT23: soft furnishings

Theme this week over on CCT is soft furnishings so we want to see things like ribbon, lace, velvet, fabrics, stitching etc anything you might find on soft furnishings round the house. This is to tie in with the stamps that are on offer as candy this week (see CCT for details). The colours are much softer and muted in real life but my photo skills aren't very good!

I gave crocheting another go the other night when I had a break from making cards. Tried another pattern this time and was quite pleased with the result seeing as I am complete novice at it. So thought that would make a good starting point for my card as it fitted with the theme. Then I found a fabric brad, some dp which was faux knitted fabric, some pink velvet paper and added some ribbon and faux stitching for good measure.

Materials:

  • Images: 'Reflective' Sugar Nellie stamp, Sweet Art Ebony range from Funky Kits. Tickets are digital download (from here and are the same as the stamp set by Autumn leaves just cheaper and you can resize/recolour them!) Flourishes are Inkadinkado clear set
  • Colouring: Promarkers, white gel pen and bit of stickles/H20s for shimmer
  • Papers: DP is K &Co, pink velvet paper from stash
  • Others: pinking scissors, Heidi swapp distresser, silver gelpen for faux stitching round edges. crochet flower by me, everything else (metal spacers, ribbon etc) from stash



16 comments:

TheClint&LisBells said...

Hi Fran! I'm the first one here, yaay! :) This is so beautiful! Your colouring is terrific! I had to stop by and spread some hearts your way! :D

*Big Hugs!*

Elisabeth xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Fran love the crochet flower and the little beads.

Rach said...

Hi Fran,
your card is fabulous..well done on your crochet flower...it looks wonderful...your image as always is beautifully coloured.
Just wanted to say thanks for the evil laugh....hehe..I have written it down so that i don't forget how to write it next time...lol.
**Huggles**
Rachxx

Deb said...

beautiful card, fab colouring on the image, so sweet, love all those gorgeous papers and the fab crochet flower, you are so clever!

ink'n'rubba said...

I came to comment about 3 hours ago but followed the link .. .. I've now got a couple packs of gorgous paper downloaded so just need to get some plain card to print it onto! Love your card, and thanks for that fabby link! annie x

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card Fran love the colours and the knitted DP. I am so envious of your crochet flower I love them. Must try and learn how to do this!! Sue :o)

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card,luv your crochet flower :o)x

Malin said...

Very beautiful as always, I love to pop in here and just look and admire everything you do!

//Malin

Shary said...

oh Fran I still can't get the hang of the crochet flowers!! But yours looks gorgeous, very clever! Beautiful card.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran I love the crochet flower and your image has been coloured beautifully.
Hugs Debbie x

MichelleO said...

OH this is so cute and I tip my hat to you! My MIL tried to teach me to crochet. I soooo wanted to learn, got the straight stitch.. can do miles of it... as long as I don't have to turn and connect it to something! After three days of trying to teach me she grabbed it away and said I'll make what ever you want just don't make me watch you doing this anymore! HA! She did make me a great throw that year! Love you card, the image is colored wonderfully and a brilliant flower!
HUGS
MichelleO

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Beautiful card Fran and I love your crochet flower...I am going to give these a go too...love them. Just been to Michelle's blog and your comment made me laugh...I thought of Notting Hill too when I looked at your ATC's...fav film!
Carole ;o)

mar1ene said...

Soooo gorgeous Fran, love the colours you have used and all the little details :)

Fabby new banner too! Looks brilliant!

Marlene x

Helena said...

Love the flower fantastic, excellent card!

xxxx

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Fran!! I love the colors and you go girl!! I wish I could make my own flowers!! I looked to buy them and forget it way too expensive!!
This all goes so nicely together!! :)Kathy

Claudia Rosa said...

absolute sweet card
hugs
claudia

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin