Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Tilda & friends ATC: beads

Theme this week for the ATCs is 'beads'.

The only beads I have are some micro beads I've had in my stash for years so thought I'd give them an airing. Used Edwin with paddling oar which I had cut out previously and replaced his oar with a present but then didn't use him. So grabbed him as I made this late Mon night and needed something quick.

Used bit of bright scrap paper for the bottom half of background then for the beads, I dug out some double sided peel offs in shapes of stars and stuck them to top half of ATC and added beads to them to complement the paper. Edwin just coloured with my promarkers and white gelpen. He's been curved and stuck on with 3d foam down centre only (his edges are stuck with sticky dots so he's curved off the ATC with just his central belly part sticking out :) )
Bit of a quickie this week but that's the beauty of ATCs, can whip them up with bits laying around without having to worry it has to be for an particular occasion like you do with cards. Go on, give it a try - it's fun and great if you've got kids to keep entertained this summer. All details over on the Tilda & Friends ATC blog


15 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fab ATC, love the micro beads stars.

ink'n'rubba said...

love the beaded stars Fran and Edwin looks so cute holding a gift rather than an oar!
annie x

Andrea, said...

Great ATC Fran, Edwin looks fab without the oar and I love those beaded stars.

Brocéliane said...

wow so beautiful, love your ATC :)
Brocéliane

V Colbourne said...

I always wondered how to use those microbeads, never thought of using something that is sticky on both sides...haha! Great card, just lovely!

Debbie said...

Fab ATC Fran I love the micro bead stars,Edwin looks so sweet with his present.

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran! Luvly ATC,colouring is fab.
Just ordered my 1st Promarkers,I'm soooo excited,lol!!! :o)x

Kathy said...

Gorgeous Fran!! He looks so handsome and you have colored him in so perfect!! Love what you did with the microbeads...:)Kathy

Heather's Creations said...

Oh I love the paper you've used Fran, very sparkly :)
I have a cupboard full of beads, yet couldn't for the life of me think what to make :)
Your atc is awesome :)
**hugs** Heather x

mariaadams said...

Fabulous! I love those beaded stars, and love Edwin without his oar.
Maria x

Terria said...

Wonderful colors Fran I love that stamp.Great job!

Shary said...

Great ATC Fran. Lovely and colourful and the beads look really effective.
Ha how many bugs have you bought? or have you resisted? ;0)
When your DT stuff comes I'll just put my hands over my eyes!! ;0) I know I am gonna be soooo tempted.

Alison said...

Great ATC Fran.

Jo said...

Oh, he's such a cutie! Love how you've "rounded" his tummy!

Helena said...

Oh wow, your bead work is so neat, love the ATC!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin