Monday, 28 July 2008

Spoonful of sugar sketch

Managed to quickly finish a card for spoonful of sugar, sketch challenge this week by Katharina. Been too hot to stay in and make cards but I've had this image coloured up a couple of days ago so thought I'd use up some more scraps and came up with this:


Materials:
  • Image: 'Picnics of daisies' Sarah Kay stamp. cut out and raised on 3d foam pads
  • Colouring: distress inks & cosmic shimmer paints
  • Papers: scraps (HOTP)
  • Others: Fiskars 'threading water' border punch, oval nestabilities, quickcutz flourish die, corner floral punch. Brown ribbon and 'happy bday' embellie from stash
Not one of my favourites as I'm not actually that keen on the paper but I'm hoping it will grow on me yet.

Also, I've been given the Wlyde Women award again from Gill and also from the extremely talented artist Elisabeth (I just love all the drawings she comes up with and wish they could all be turned into stamps but then I'd be broke so probably just as well they aren't LOL). Thank you so much girls, you are both so sweet and it really does brighten my day! I have already 'played' (see here) but needless to say I would give the award right back to both of you too :)

Right need to try and get my DT stuff done now as I'm out tomorrow and know I will be short on craft/blog time again this week.

Have a good night/day depending on when you're reading this!

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran,Thanks for playing along this week. Hugs Debbie x

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous Fran!! I love the colors and those shimmer paints are fabulous!! I love the effect it has ~ looks great:) That image is darling also:) Kathy

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is just beautiful Fran, I love the gorgeous image and your colouring is fabulous, love all the shimmer. Hugs, Nikki x

NATALIE said...

beautiful card, the colours really jump out at you on the stamped image aswel!
xxx

Kelly said...

Great coloring, Fran. So cute!

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran! This is a luvly card & I like the papers,have a luvly day out :o)x

Kim said...

Wow Fran, Again with the wonderful colouring. The H2Os make it really sparkle doesn't it. The image jumps out of the card at you. Lovely job Kimx

ink'n'rubba said...

beautiful card and so love that cute image! annie x

MichelleO said...

I think she is gorgeous! Those colors are so pretty together! Love it -and HUGS
MichelleO

MALIN said...

Beautiful card, the colours are stunning!

By the way, thanks for your blog candy, I don´t know if you had my "thank you mail"

//Malin

mariaadams said...

Beautiful card and my two favourite colours put together - I love it!
Maria x

Helena said...

Beautiful card, love the colours!

xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin