Saturday, 5 July 2008

Show for Hubby

O.K as promised here's Hubby's birthday card. Now you have to remember that he does like my Magnolia stamps and that I have a warped sense of humour and was in a silly mood when I made this :)

So anyway, I made a pop up card of Edwin at home (me and hubby are both homebodies) enjoying a 'show' from Tilda. What show you may say, well - if you notice I've used 'dress up tilda' or in this case should I say 'dress down'!!!
Yep, Edwin's got his own birthday striptease - sorry if I've offended anyone! He does look a bit stunned sitting there doesn't he?!! Tilda is actually stuck onto the scene by velcro so you can pick her up and her little outfit is removable (stuck on with repositionable glue) and the really naughty thing is I even doctored her down to her birthday suit (I thought I did a great job even if I do say so myself LOL) but I won't show you that in case I do actually offend anyone!!! It was all a bit of fun and hubby laughed his socks off.
O.K I'll drag myself away from the gutter now. All stamps are Magnolia apart from the vase of flowers which is part of a clear PB 'salutations' set and the sofa which is the Alota sofa. again I adapted that as it was too flouncy/frilly for hubby. So straightened out the gathers at the bottom and covered the lace doilly thing with part of the stipe rug and it was all stamped onto white leather embossed card coloured in beige to look like a leather couch. Floor has been embossed with cuttlebug folder to try and make it look like floorboards and used striped paper from Laura Ashley pad for the wallpaper. All coloured with Promarkers and a bit of white gelpen.

I've just had more birthday cards delivered and also some goodies I got off QVC the other night - I wasn't even intending to watch but happened to be channel hopping just as they had on the Cropodile big bite as their TSV so I couldn't resist especially with all the fab designer gromlets you got with them.

O.K off to sort out lunch for birthday boy. Have a fab weekend everyone, 'see' you all next week.

25 comments:

nessy said...

well i am shocked and stunned ~the things people get up to!!
think the card is fantastic ,and shows you both have a great sense of humour!!
hope you have a great time together (no details ....please!)
vanessa xx

Sharon said...

Lol . .. .... .lol!!!
What a great card & a great sense of humour.
Sharon :-)x

Marja Sch said...

What a stunning card. You did such a wonderful job. I love it. Hugs Marja

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Sensationl card Fran...I love your sense of humour! Fabulous scene...again...you're on a roll and your colouring gets better everytime I visit...you've defintely got the knack of the markers now. Enjoy the weekend.
Carole ;o)

Kathy said...

Haha that is so funny!! See you really are the scene queen!! No one else would have thought of that!!! Love the whole card!! Have a great week-end!!

MichelleO said...

OH my FRAN! I am shocked at you!!!! I LOVE IT! Now.... I really am curious about the photo you wouldn't show! Girl you are the queen of these scenes! So Hubby framed it right?
HUGS
MichelleO

mar1ene said...

ROFLMAO!! bet he enjoyed that card!! too funny ;)

My card and pressie will be a day late, sorry for that

Have a fab weekend! Marlene x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Wow Fran this is amazing, what a great scene you have created. I love it. Hugs Nikki x

Jo said...

Fantastic! PMWL!! Think we should take a vote and see Tilda with her kit off!!! Hope hubby has a great day.

Zoe said...

I love the scene Fran. You have coloured it beautifully fran.
zoe
xxx

Kim said...

Well this is superb!!!!

Suzanne said...

OMG Fran where do you get your ideas this is fantastic and so funny it was a true LOL moment. How is hubby going to top this for your birthday.I am very sorry I think my card is going to be a day late!! Sue ;o)

ink'n'rubba said...

your card made me smile, fabulous! hope you had a great meal and are enjoying the weekend. annie x

Tina said...

Hi Fran, love the card and your blog is great. If you have chance check out my blog as there is an award waiting for you.x

Here's mine..

Nixe07 said...

Ooooooh, what a great pop up card. Looks so wonderful. Love it. Great work.
Hugs, Moni

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh my goodness
What a beautiful creation. Its so much more than a card, you have put so much work into it. Its lovely! Linda

angeljakki said...

Love it what a great idea that is so funny, awesome idea

debby4000 said...

Oh this did make me laugh, what a fab idea and you've done an excellent job with the whole scene must of taken ages to do.

kes said...

this is such a laugh out loud often card. hee hee.something for you on my blog :)
Kes
x

Stampingcaz said...

stunning cards!

Shary said...

Rofl brilliant Fran. Did you do it for real too???? It's a great card.

Deb said...

fabulous card Fran, love the theme, such a hoot!

Tarasdesigns said...

What an amazing card, the work that must have gone into that, bet you hubby will love it, even if he is like mine and doesn't appreciate tilda and edwin

Bunny B said...

LOL!!!! Great card though!

Monica-FC said...

I loved how you made this card. this is way cute and any hubby who loves your stamps you have to keep him. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin