Monday, 14 July 2008

My late Ismaki

Well, as promised, here's my card I started for Ismaki but which will be too late to enter now as there will be new sketch up later today. I loved the sketch as I got a chance to make a DL size card instead of a square one for a change but I actually don't like my finished card that much. Can't quite put my finger on it but it, may be because I like my more muted/distressed colour palette and this is more bright, girly and pastel. Anyway, its done now and am hoping it'll grow on me. I went a bit mad with my adhesive gems too!

Materials:
  • Images: hanglar stamp. Tickets are Hero arts
  • Colouring: Promarkers
  • Papers: Papermania 'sweet nothings' 6x6 pad
  • Others: quickcutz scallop border, cuttlebug border embossing folder. flowers, brads and gems from stash

Oh, for those of you who love the Sweet Art Ebony stamps, Funky kits have got the new ones in stock - quick run, as I know they will sell out quick!!!

Right best try and get some serious housework done (no really, I can't put it off anymore. Need to give the whole house a thorough seeing to as have family coming to visit next week). So just to warn you, apart from my couple of DT card/ATC I may not be around as much but will try and visit blogs etc when I can.

Have a good day.

15 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow there is something wrong with your eyes girl, this is a fantastic card, and I love the colours. It is difficult to work outside your own comfort zone though isn't it
Hugs Jacqui x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

What a gorgeous bright card Frances.. for a moment I thought you had been totally organised and done this weeks Ismaki! Have a great day, Hugs, Nikki x

Kathy said...

Wow!! Fran your coloring with the markers is really amazing!! You got the shading down pat and all!! The whole card looks great with beautiful details!! Have fun cleaning:) I'll be doing the same while I think about the Ismaki!! Their is alot to think about this week!!

(I got me a couple of the stamps figure I will get the christmas ones alittle later!!)

Hannah said...

wow this card is fab.

Vicky said...

Don't know why you don't like it Fran I think it's fab. The layout, colours, well everything really!!
Vicky x

ink'n'rubba said...

it's a fabulous card and I always love a bit of bling! annie x

Heather's Creations said...

I am sorry Fran, but I am going to have to agree with everyone else :)
This is beautiful, the colours work well together and the image works with your paper choices, nothing wrong here, girly is sometimes called for :)
Have a great week with your family :)
Heather x

Rach said...

oh Wow!!!
Fran this is just FANTASTIC...there is defiantly nothing wrong with this what so ever!!!I totally agree with Jacqui...it's your eyes!!
I just love it all of it!
your colouring is to die for..stunning.....
Hope you have fun cleaning!!!!ugh!
Enjoy your time with your family.
oh and i had the three emails from funky kits ...but i still managed to miss the other stamp....says it all really doesn't it....lol...
take care, hugs rach.xx

oh My daughter just summed up your card.....awwwwww luuuuush!....from the mouths of babes...xxx

Rach said...

should have said definitely ...
hugs rach..xx

Camilla said...

What a lovely card! And I love the beautiful details:)
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs, Camilla.

Jo said...

Great card Fran....love that image and it's coloured beautifully!!

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran! Luvin this card it is soo jolly & cheerful!
Tryin to do my rounds,in between other tasks,lol!!! :o)x

Deb said...

it is gorgeous Fran, love that cute image, she is so sweet, very pretty colours

ALE82 said...

ANCHE IO VORREI PARTECIPARE AL TUO BLOG CANDY, SPERIAMO DI RIUSCIRE AD ESSERE LA FORTUNATA VINCITRICE... SON COSì SFIGATA, NN HO MAI VINTO NULLA NELLA MIA VITA DA IELLATTA.......
BACI ALE

Lim said...

Love it!!
Hugs,
Lim

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin