Thursday, 10 July 2008

I'm back! CCT - children's card: 'Groovy baby'!

O.k then, it looks like my PC has officially died on me as it just won't connect to the internet no matter what hubby tries so he finally gave up late last night and let me have his spare one so now I just have to get used to windows vista as I was used to XP.

So didn't get my card to CCT on time for this week's DT examples (Sorry Deb!), not that they need me as they are all gorgeous and you must pop on over. Not only are the cards fab but there are some fab stamps on offer as candy this week. Hmmm wonder if I can pretend to be non DT this week LOL

This weeks theme is to make a children's card so I thought I'd do a slider card for a bit of interaction and made it bright, so you have been warned!

This is taken flat:

and this when you pull the slidey bit:
Materials:

  • Images: the retro looking girl is part of a foam stamp set 586584 I happened to see on QVC last week (same time that I saw the cropodile big bite on their too!) and I just had to get as 2 of the set are definitely Precious Moments images which I love and which are no longer available. The other 4 are like these and are quite cute but I wouldn't have got them if it wasn't for the other 2 but as it was only £18 for all 6 it had to be done) You can see them here but they may be out of stock . Other wordings and stars/flowers around the image are various stamps from my stash.
  • Colouring: Letraset promarkers, glaze pen on her shades, plus smattering of stickles and stardust pens
  • Card: DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies stack plus contrast orange cardstock to make the slider bit of the card. Chose these colours/card as I thought the girl looked very retro 70's.
Need to post 1 more card and then try and catch up with all my candy entries which may take a while so may not get round to my normal blog visits till tomorrow.

28 comments:

mar1ene said...

Soooooooo cute Fran :) lovin the image and the slider cards are fab! will have to try those :D

marlene x

Andrea, said...

This is so cute Fran, love the image and slider cards are so fab. I have put your photo up with the rest of the DT cards but I can't get it in alphabetical order - sorry!!

Sue said...

This is fabby...i love it:-)

Sue
xx

MichelleO said...

Oh this is so groovy baby! Love it! She is so hip and I love how you colored her, gorgeous! The slider is great to!
HUGS
MichelleO

Deb said...

Fabulous card Fran, well worth waiting for! Glad you got a spare PC for today! just love this image on your card the fab flower power papers, they go together perfectly!

Debbie said...

Fab card Fran Such a cute idea.

Tessi`s Kramecke said...

Absolut super.
LG
Gitti

Jo said...

Great card Fran. Love the image and will definitely have to have a go at the slider card :)

mueppi said...

Hi Fran
das ist wieder eine tolle Karte mit süssem Motiv!!!!!!

danisart said...

i love this card - absulut stunning

Bev said...

Oh this is brilliant Fran, that image is just the best!

Richelle said...

Cool card! love that image...so fun!

Rach said...

brilliant card. love the image and the slider card idea. hugs rach.xx

ink'n'rubba said...

yeh baby! love that image with those retro papers and the slider card. I must make more of these! annie x

Maria said...

Loooooove the image. Great slider card. Hugs, Maria

Heidi said...

Fran- that retro girl is so adorable and of course! I too love my PM stamps and wish I had lots more to enjoy. I will have to see if I can find this girl on QVC US. Heidi

http://heidishappystamping.blogspot.com/

Kathy said...

She does look groovy and that paper fits her to a T!! Pretty colors and papers!! She is just too cute!! Made me smile :)

Shary said...

Lol great card Fran love the girl.really funky!!

mariaadams said...

Love this card, and fab image (they sneaked into my basket on QVC last week too!), and the slider is a super idea.
Maria xx

cats whiskers said...

Love that image Fran, and your clours are great as usual
Hugs Jacqui x

Moni said...

so nice... wonderful

Debbie said...

Great card Fran. Love the design and the colours go so well with the image.

Debbie x

Alison said...

This is fantastic Fran love it, so cute.

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Totally fabulous and I love the cute girl image...I daren't look to see if it's in stock!
Have a great weekend.
Carole ;o)

Maria Jesus said...

Fran this is very cute and beautiful!!

MJ

Kristine said...

Wow Fran!
This card is adorable and that stamp is so cute;) I love it!
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs
Kristine;)

Valoudesbois said...

super rock ta carte, j'adore

danemi1 said...

incredibly cute hun

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin