Thursday, 17 July 2008

Friday Sketchers #10: 'Happiness'

Think I just made it in time for Friday Sketchers.

Materials:

  • Image: 'Kiss for Chloe' Sarah Kay stamp. 'Happiness' making memories magnetic stamp set I've had for years
  • Colouring: watercoloured with distress ink pads and twinkling H2os, white gel pen. chalk ink round the edges
  • Papers: Basic Grey 'Sugared' 6x6 pad
  • Others: flowers and metal flower/charm from Camilla. rest from stash. Nestabilities petite circle scallop dies, corner punch and SU word window punch

Loved how this turned out as the colours are 'very me'. I love all the earth/muted/autumnal colour palette and think all this dreary rain has made go reaching for them. So much for summer! Hope the weather picks up soon else my Sister is going to get a shock to the system (she's visiting from Hong Kong and lands Saturday)

As I wanted a softer look I gave my Promarkers a break and went back to my distress inks for a change. All the lovely flowers and gold metal embellies and button were from the lovely candy I got from Camilla :) The grainy look to the photo is actually the twinkling of the H2O I used - it really shimmers IRL but impossible to capture on photo. You might see it more if you click and zoom in on it.

Right, might try and tidy up my craft room as it's looking a tip again!

25 comments:

Camilla said...

Wow!! Your card is so gorgeous! Love those colours too:) And nice to see that you are using the things you won;)
Hugs, Camilla.

Alison said...

This is beautiful Fran your colour choice is fab.

Fiorella said...

SO nice that card!!!!

MALIN said...

The colours are super, the card is stunning, absolutley beautiful!
//Malin

Heather's Creations said...

oh this is so cute, Fran :)I adore twinkling h2o's they add such a depth to colour.
Hope you have a great time with your sister, don't go sending her home with a cold :)
Keep well,
Heather x

Vicky said...

I adore this card. Love the colours and what you have done with the friday sketchers LO!
Vicky x

a portland granny said...

Your card is just gorgeous and classy! I like the softness and subtleness of it! It has just enough detail -- not overdone.

I love it!
Joan

karin xoxo said...

Hi Fran,

this one is great. I love the way you've colored your stamp.
Great job.

xoxo karin

Rach said...

this is gorgeous Fran, beautiful colours image and detailing. hugs rach.xx

Jo said...

Simply beautiful!!

Have fun with your Sister :)

mariaadams said...

Your card is stunning, Fran, and your colouring is superb.
Maria xx

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Fran!! That sheet of paper in the pack is my favorite!! I love all the colors on it and it looks great with your image!! Your coloring looks fantastic and I love all your embellishments!! Really pretty!!!

Viv said...

Well you've done it again!
It's stunning and I love it.
Viv xxx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran I also love these colours.

debby4000 said...

Fantastic, love the colours and those flowers are gorgeous. You'll be glad to hear my SK arrived phew.Hope your sister has a great time in the UK

ink'n'rubba said...

stunning card Fran, love the gentle feel of your colouring with those papers, and the blooms are stunning with the centres - I must try browsing some bead shops! annie x

Kim said...

Oh Fran this is beautiful. Thanks for the help with the promarkers - trying to put in some practice now. Love your card again :)

MichelleO said...

This is just Jaw Dropping Gorgeous! WOW!
HUGS
MichelleO

Scrapmumur said...

OH...Brilliant card!!!
I love the colours used and details!
Great job!!
Thanks for your participation.
Mumur

Terria said...

Wow!! the details on this card is just awesome. I would say the colours look great. This is just a absolutely gorgeous. I love it!!

Helena said...

OOOh this is just beautiful, I love all about it!!!!

xxxx

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Love this card Fran. Your colouring with the distress inks is just as stunning as with your markers. Have a fab time with your sister.
Carole x

Tina said...

Wow Fran this is just exquisite, i love the colouring on the image and those papers are just so scrummy......another stunning creation....who ever receives this one will be thrilled... Big Crafty Hugs Tina xxx

Lim said...

Another stunning card Fran. Beautiful. The combination of papers and colors are fabulous.
Hugs,
Lim

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin