Friday, 4 July 2008

Few quickies and Thanks!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you all for your lovely comments about my last card. I generally know which ones will be received well but I really didn't see it coming for that last one as I only coloured the images in with minimal embellishments or fiddling around, so thank you!

Also, my postie probably doesn't know what's hit him as I've been getting loads of gorgeous birthday cards these last few days (not my birthday till Mon) from my forum buddies over on Tilda & Friends, so thanks ladies! I've been taking photos of them all and will try and get them all on a slideshow for Monday.

Here are a few quickies I made for 2 challenges. The first is Penny Black Sat, which was to use colour combo of pink brown & green. So, grabbed a preprinted cardblank and whipped this up:

Materials:

  • Images: 'butterfly bear' PB coloured with Promarkers, stickles on the butterflies
  • Cardblank: DCWV preprinted cardblank. Had these for ages and am trying to use them up but am finding it hard as they look 'flat' to me now that I'm used to seeing lots of layers so tried to jazz it up with faux stitching around the edges with stardust pen
  • Others: DCWV ribbon from stash. image mat & layered with my oval nesties. happy birthday cut out with my SU word window punch.

This next card is for PTW which this week's theme is 'thanks a latte' so thank you card in coffee & cream colours. Used my only other Sarah Kay stamp until my others from US arrive (yeah, thanks Kathy for telling me they've shipped - if I'd known you were packing I would have let you stamp some you didn't have first :) ) and made a folder card seeing as the cardblank was made from A4 cardstock thought I'd use it all up rather than end up with a strip of scrap!

Materials:

  • Image: 'Fanny's cuddle' Sarah Kay stamp (back in stock at Glitterpot) 'thanks a lot' hero arts set stamped in 'burnt sienna' chalk ink.
  • Colouring: Promarkers and white gel pen for highlights. edges of card distressed and chalk ink added.
  • Paper: PM creative tones pack in Antique Cream
  • Others: ribbon, brads, gems from stash. Ribbon is actually a burnt sienna colour but photo makes it look more orange than it actually is. The card is held closed by a bit velcro (self adhesive from Tesco)

Only got 1 more card to show you, which is birthday card for hubby which I will post tomorrow. Off to have a look at the new High Hopes release - got some fab themes, think the sea one is my fave.

Have a lovely day and Happy Independence day for any US readers out there!

12 comments:

MichelleO said...

OH those are both wonderful, but that Sarah Kay is fabulous! Love how you colored her!!!

So you are going to celebrate the birthday allllll weekend right? Hope my card from Texas makes it in time!
HUGS -
MichelleO

kath said...

Fabulous card for the challenge Frances - great colour work and love the papers you have used - thanks so much for joining us again at PBS....love on your birthday - have a great day.
Kath
xxx

ella bella said...

two beautiful cards love the papers and images great work. thanks for joining in this weeks PBS challenge. Have a lovely birthday. Tracy x

My Little Space said...

two fab cards Frances

Mandy

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Both cards are gorgeous Fran but I love the pretty dp for the first and the cute bear image. If I'm not back before Monday have a great birthday.. Also put in my order for the Sea stamps too.. just love them.. if you get a chance and haven't seen it already Krafting Kimmie has done a fabulous one, Hugs, Nikki x

Jo said...

Yet more beautiful cards Fran! Thanks for your help today....just got decide on the colours!!

leann said...

Gorgeous cards Fran ~ 'specially love the Sarah Kay one :)
Thanks for the sing-song ~ Happy Birthday to hubby too! x

debby4000 said...

Great cards, love the Sarah Kay one. Hope mine are in the same postal bag flying over here.

Kathy said...

Oh thanks Fran ~ how sweet are you!!! I hope you get them early this week in time for your b-day!! Both cards are beautiful as usual!! Love the colors for the PTW I haven't tried that one out yet!!

ink'n'rubba said...

woopie! the Sarah Kays are on the way! fab cards you have made and looking forward to seeing more with Sarah Kay very soon! annie x

angeljakki said...

lovely cards, lovely detail in the colouring

steph said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us for the challenge!
Happy Birthday!!! x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin