Also, my postie probably doesn't know what's hit him as I've been getting loads of gorgeous birthday cards these last few days (not my birthday till Mon) from my forum buddies over on Tilda & Friends, so thanks ladies! I've been taking photos of them all and will try and get them all on a slideshow for Monday.
Here are a few quickies I made for 2 challenges. The first is Penny Black Sat, which was to use colour combo of pink brown & green. So, grabbed a preprinted cardblank and whipped this up:
- Images: 'butterfly bear' PB coloured with Promarkers, stickles on the butterflies
- Cardblank: DCWV preprinted cardblank. Had these for ages and am trying to use them up but am finding it hard as they look 'flat' to me now that I'm used to seeing lots of layers so tried to jazz it up with faux stitching around the edges with stardust pen
- Others: DCWV ribbon from stash. image mat & layered with my oval nesties. happy birthday cut out with my SU word window punch.
This next card is for PTW which this week's theme is 'thanks a latte' so thank you card in coffee & cream colours. Used my only other Sarah Kay stamp until my others from US arrive (yeah, thanks Kathy for telling me they've shipped - if I'd known you were packing I would have let you stamp some you didn't have first :) ) and made a folder card seeing as the cardblank was made from A4 cardstock thought I'd use it all up rather than end up with a strip of scrap!
- Image: 'Fanny's cuddle' Sarah Kay stamp (back in stock at Glitterpot) 'thanks a lot' hero arts set stamped in 'burnt sienna' chalk ink.
- Colouring: Promarkers and white gel pen for highlights. edges of card distressed and chalk ink added.
- Paper: PM creative tones pack in Antique Cream
- Others: ribbon, brads, gems from stash. Ribbon is actually a burnt sienna colour but photo makes it look more orange than it actually is. The card is held closed by a bit velcro (self adhesive from Tesco)
Only got 1 more card to show you, which is birthday card for hubby which I will post tomorrow. Off to have a look at the new High Hopes release - got some fab themes, think the sea one is my fave.
Have a lovely day and Happy Independence day for any US readers out there!