Thursday, 31 July 2008

CCT21 - In the house: It's your day

theme close to my heart this week over on CCT, 'In the house' - my favourite place to be! First thought was to do another of my magnolia home scenes as I've got the fab new table but being dictated by time this week I chose the quicker alternative, a PB bathtub stamp (could have gone for a bella bathtub or a rubber romance bath stamp too - hmmm, do you think I like my bubble baths? LOL)

Materials:

  • Image: 'its your day' Penny Black stamp. sentiment from a PB clear set
  • Colouring: distress inks and cosmic shimmer paints (the bubbles sparkle IRL) the bathtub is a lovely soft lavender colour but looks grey in photo :(
  • Paper: BG 'Euphoria' pad got over just looking at it now and finally using it! blue & burgandy cardstock from stash - closest match I could find
  • Others: quickcutz revolution flourish die (REV-0024), cuttlebug bubbles folder, oval petite scallop nestabilities, SU word window punch, pink gems from stash

If you take part this week you will be entered into draw for a prize which this week is 2 fab new stamps donated by Katharina from her new range of stamps.

Which ties in neatly with my other bit of news/info. If you've not already been, 'Whiff of Joy' is now taking pre-orders for the Charlie & Charlotte range of stamps. So go on over and have a look, I'm sure you'll not be able to resist, especially as it's FREE shipping if you pre-order now.

It's so exciting seeing myself on the DT page of the website; I'm not sure what's given Katharina the idea that I have that much craft supplies - she must have been talking to my hubby, I'm sure I don't have THAT much, honest! Love how she's made all our photos black & white - it looks really professional, just hope I can come up with the goods now :/, should be soon!


Hopefully I will have a Wii console and Wii fit to play with later today. I'm not much for going to the gym etc but have really started to put weight back on since I've gone 'part-time' (some of my clothes are starting to feel a bit 'snug'!) so need to do some excercise but knowing me it has to be something which I will actually do and at home. So being the big kid that I am we thought we'd get the Wii as it looks fun. I'll let you know how I get on! Anyone else tried it?

24 comments:

Bunny B said...

Gorgeous card! I love it :)

Camilla said...

Oohh that bubble bath looks so great!:) Love your card as always!!:)
Have a nice day!!
Hugs, Camilla.

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, I love the image and the papers.
Have fun with the Wii, I have the Wii fit and it's great fun

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the stamp it's so cute.
Looking forward to seeing your DT work for Katharina, I have no doubt its gonna be gorgeous.

Deb said...

Fabulous card, my favourite thing too! I have just ordered the Wii fit too, same thing, i am not as active as I was and suffer from stampers bottom! Have fun on yours!

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This is a LOVELY card. Great with the embossing, just like bubbles.
Have a great day
/Gunilla

Rach said...

fabby card Fran, love the embossed bubbles...We have the Wii fit...you will have a laugh....I don't get much of a look in though as the kids hog it..hehe.
Hugs Rach.xx

Shary said...

Gorgeous card Fran too hot here for a bath but lovely in winter with a glass of wine.
Not tried the Wii fit but was talking about getting it.
And.. your fault i've just ordered some promarkers!!! You cost me money!! ;0)
Fran , would you like some of the Alota stamp images? Just email me to let me know, I'm more than happy to do you some.

Diane.W. said...

Fran! That is so wierd,I have asked Paul to buy me a Wii for after this op!!! I think we are scarily alike in loads of ways,lol!!!
Luv your card,I just got out of my bubble bath,too :o)xxx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Hi Fran i love this great stamp and your wonderful colouring, love the great dp, embossing and swirls, Hugs, Nikki x

mueppi said...

Hi Fran
Deine Karte ist wunderschön!
Süsses Motiv!
Hugs Gisela

Claudia Rosa said...

what a fun card!
this is perfect for the challenge! defenetly made me smile!
hugs
claudia

Katharina Frei said...

A wonderful card Fran. As always you amazed me with your skill to combine all the different elements. hehe and I really have a silent and secret connection to you husband about your craft supplies..hehehe ;)
Hugs
katharina

ink'n'rubba said...

gorgeous card Fran, and love that paper so much! I want, I want! annie x

mar1ene said...

Loving your card!! the bubbles embossing is so fitting!!
Have fun with your WII!! gotta get myself one of those fit thingies.. my condition is below zero..lol

Marlene x

Vicky said...

Fab card. I have this stamp too and think it's so cute!
Vicky x

Debbie said...

Hi Fran This card is gorgeous I love the little image.
We have a Wii fit its great fun but i don't like the shape of my little Mii Lol
Hugs Debbie x

Debbie said...

Stunning card Fran. Love the cute image and the papers and awils are gorgeous.

Christine said...

Hi!
Just love your bubbly card! Makes me wanna go have one right now!
Will come back to see more of your great work!
Christine

NATALIE said...

fab card I love the way u have coloured your image aswell =)
xxx

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Another stunning card and I adore this image! You have made some fantastic cards etc while I've been away Fran...I've looked at your blog a few times but had to click off quickly because your music kicked in and I didn't want it to wake everyone up! I am on a laptop and wasn't too sure where the volume was!!!
Carole ;o)

Jo said...

Love this card Fran and you've coloured him beautifully!

Gill said...

Gorgeous card, love the pp , the image is adorable and the colouring is fab
lv Gill x

Helena said...

OOh soo cute!!!!!

xxxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin