Thursday, 3 July 2008

CCT17-The great outdoors : 'have a great day'

Theme this week over on CCT is 'the great outdoors' so perfect opportunity for me to do a little magnolia scene as I have a couple of the outdoor background stamps plus I'm still working my way through the summer kit.

Have to say, absolutely love the summer club kit as I love every single stamp this time. They are such great value even if you didn't like a few of them which was the case for me in the spring kit so am extra happy bunny this time :) Anyway, back to the card, here it is:

Basically it's all Magnolia stamps (only sitting tilda is from the summer kit, the rest are from the summer/sea collection) except for the lily pad (that is an Alota stamp) all coloured with promarkers and some stickles. The background and rushes are all stamped onto one piece of white cardstock then the 2 tildas, bench/step tilda is resting her foot on and the lily have all been stamped onto seperate piece,cut out and raised onto various thickness of foam pads to create a 3d picture. Might get better idea of it from this photo but it's difficult to get the right angle/lighting:
Didn't think it needed any patterned paper, just embossed a frame around the top edges and added little sentiment & dragonfly from a studio g clear mini set. That's it.

Hope you'll join in this week, if you need any more inspiration pop on over to CCT to see all the other gorgeous DT work and also to see the blog candy on offer this week - some fab stamps from Alota Rubber stamps. They have some cute stamps plus alot of the 'accessories' work fab with the tildas. Like the lily pad on my card here and the sofa I used in a previous card. The service is fantastic too.

38 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran, I love thoe scene you have created and your colouring is fab

Jules said...

I love the Alota stamp range too, and I adore the card :o)

Carol said...

Stunning card love it
Carol :0)

Camilla said...

Oh wow Frances!! This card is a stunner!! Love the scene:) It is absolutely beautiful!
Hugs, Camilla.

Shary said...

Fantastic card Fran. Love the scene.

ink'n'rubba said...

what a fabulous little picture you have created! love Tilda paddling and how you created the seat/step. annie x

Debbie said...

Wow Fran This is Amazing I love it

debby4000 said...

This must of taken ages and well worth it absolutely brilliant.

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Woooooow Fran what an amazing card, beautiful scene...so well thought out and your colouring is rockin'!!! Definitely an A* for this one!
Carole ;o)

Gill said...

wow! your card is stunning, I love the scene you've created and the colouring is superb
lv gill x

Angeldrummer said...

This has blown me away totally - I think I will need to look at joining the stamp club.

Sharon said...

Wow . . . what a stunning card. There is so much detail . . . amazing.
Sharon :-)s

kraftykathy1 said...

what a sweet card, it needs to be put in a frame!

mar1ene said...

Totally love this Fran.. can't stop looking at it!!!

Guess what, have cut even more of my hair off and won't be able to have extentions put in until it grows a bit!! duh! what am I like ;)

Marlene x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh Wow Fran.. you are so talented.. this is just one AMAZING scene. Hugs, Nikki x

MichelleO said...

You are a true artist at these scene cards! Bravo Bravo!
HUGS
MichelleO

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH my goodness, Fran, this is just gorgeous! Love the scene you have created!!!

Katharina said...

This is the most amazing card Fran. Again, your colouring is perfect. You really know how to set accents!! And the scene is marvellous! Must have taken hours!!! *bows* :)

Doris said...

Wow... Deine Karte ist wunderschön!

Liebe Grüße
Doris

Kelly Schelske said...

WOW!! Absolutley wonderful Fran, it's oustanding!!

Kathy said...

Fran it is official you are the Queen of Scenes!! What an awesome card!! I totally wouldn't give any of these cards away!! I love how the fench actually looks like a dock and the water looks good enough to jump in!! Too cute...

TheClint&LisBells said...

HI Fran! I think this such a stunning card!! I know it's not a "Sweet Ebony" stamp, but I don't care, it's BEAUTIFUL!! Do you have any idea how good you are??? I also featured a close up of your last design using Sweet n Sassy on my last blog and just thought I'd let you know. You can see it here:

http://www.zhibit.org/elisabethbell/blog/eeeeeeeeekkkkkk

*Big Hugs!!*

Elisabeth xx

nessy said...

fantastic little scene fran!! beautiful card ,with fab colouring ,and creative ideas!!
vanessa xx

Marja Sch said...

Oh my gosh this is so adorable. What a great job. Fantastic coloring. Hugs Marja

leann said...

Ooooh Fran, this is gorgeous!!!!

Jill said...

beautiful card Fran, it's absolutley stunning, I love your background scene and the tilda images it's goegeous Jill x

cats whiskers said...

What a great scene you hve created, I love this card. Your colouring is fantastic as usual
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Lim said...

WOW Fran, this card is gorgeous. Stunning!. I love it. The colors are perfect for the summer and all the details. the 3-D effects, the scene you have created are fantastic. WOW!!.Superb!.
Hugs,
Lim

Jo said...

What can I say about this? it's amazing!! Absolutely stunning. Well done on a beautiful work of art!

Suzanne said...

oh these little Tilda's are just soo cute and I love your your card it is beautiful. Sue ;o)

Nixe07 said...

Woow, this is just so stunning. Love your little Scene and your colouring is great.
Hugs, Moni

angeljakki said...

lovely card, wonderful layout love it

Deb said...

really love this card Fran, beautifully put together, just adore the stamps you used

Kate's Makes said...

OMG this card is amazing!! :o)

craftyb said...

Absolutely fabulous! bx

Pam S. said...

this card is totally awesome! Love it!
Wow, the coloring is over the top wonderful! I wish I could take lessons from you! Glad somebody linked your blog from theirs! tfs

Bunny B said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Loving them!

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin