Thursday, 24 July 2008

CCT 20 : things that grow

CCT theme this week is 'things that grow'. Well, people, trees and birds grow so I used another one of my fab Sweet art ebony stamps.


Short on craft time this week, what with my sister visiting, so used the scraps on my desk which was just enough to make a quick kickstand card.




Materials:
  • Image: 'birdhouse' Sugar Nellie stamp from the Sweet art Ebony range at Funky Kits
  • Colouring: Promarkers, white gel pen & sakura glaze pen over the birdhouse with a bit of sparking H2Os thrown in to give some sparkle
  • Paper: scrap from a Basic Grey pad
  • Others: flower brad & ribbon from stash. Scallop border made with quickcutz border die and my cropodile. I did order the fiskars threading border punch over a week ago but still not here yet.
Here's when it's flat, so you can see the bottom half of the layout better:

and this is close up of the coloured image. I love this stamp, it's so big and detailed yet actually didn't take long to colour in. As it was so large, I let the picture do the work and kept the rest of the card very simple, although I couldn't stop myself from adding the scalloped border as it looked a bit plain without it. I got a bit of ink on my hand, but didn't realise so ended up with a smudge on the image - luckily it was in a spot where I could hide it with the 'Hello' sentiment :D

Also, need to say thank you for all your comments and I'm not ignoring you all but just not glued to my pc like I usually am but will try and catch up with everyone soon.

However did manage to do a quick scan of a few blogs (just didn't stop long enough to leave comments) and you must stop over at Katharina's for more sneek peeks of her stamp range designed by the fab Elisabeth Bell.

Have a lovely day.


23 comments:

Mada_ro said...

What an adorable stamp and gorgeous card! I love her rosy cheeks :)
I love it how you put that blue contour around the images, it makes them stand out just great.
Congratulations for yet another fabulous creation.

nessy said...

an adorable card (as always) ~love the new look blog!!
hope you are enjoying your "sister" time
vanessa xx

Deb said...

beautiful card, love the scallops and you have coloured her in perfectly. have a great time with your sister!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran, that image is gorgeous and your colouring as always is fab. Have a good time with your sister

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Fran, hope you having a great time with your Sister.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran love the colouring it's Beautiful.

Brocéliane said...

love your card Frances :)love this stamp of course but your colouring is so beautiful
Brocéliane

Shary said...

Gorgeous card fran. Love the colouring on the image and the DP go so well with her.
Have fun with your sister

Rach said...

Gorgeous card Fran,
looking at your image i have just realized that i coloured mine wrong...ooopsie!!!hehe...she will have to pretend to have a shorter top on...what a ninnie i am...at least now i know how it is suppose to look like.
Have fun spending time with your sister. hugs rach.xx

ink'n'rubba said...

that is a big image! I've yet to colour it but you have done a fabulous job with those marker pens. Enjoy your visit with your sister. annie x

Katharina Frei said...

WOW Fran, This is a nother perfect coloration. Wonderful! The image shines with your help!

MichelleO said...

Oh this is wonderful! Love the image, haven't seen this one stamped out yet! You are really working those markers! great coloring and I love the colors of the papers as well... love it all! LOL!
HUGS
MichelleO

Kathy said...

Oh Fran this is simply gorgeous!! I love that paper and the rich colors you have used are perfect!! Just adorable:) Kathy

Ila said...

Wow!! Absolutley Beautiful!! Your coloring and design is just Fabulous!!...Hugs, Ila

Linny said...

Wow this is a stunning card. I love the colours you have used and the papers too.
This stamp dropped on my doormat today so I hope I can come up with something passable.Lindax

Monique said...

Your card is gorgeous! Great job!

Kim said...

Hey Fran, again a beautiful card - wonderful colouring :) I am persevering with the promarkers as you saw on my blog :) But no where near as good as you. They are fun though aren't they?
You have re-done your blog haven't you? Nice new look. Have fun.
Kimx

leann said...

Fabby card Fran :)
Aaawwww & look at your gorgeous new pic ~ aren't you lovely?! ;)

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Wow Fran this is just stunnning, your colouring on this cute image is amazing. Hugs Nikki x

mar1ene said...

Gorgeous as always Fran :)
Love that stamp too.. one of my favs!!

Marlene x

Tina said...

Fran this is just gorgeous, i have to say my favourite along with Pen Pal..... i still havn't got round to using mine properly.... but you did an exquisite job with this one... the blog looks really cool with the change around... Big Crafty Hugs Tina xx

Trina said...

Gorgeous Fran!! I love the image you used!! Great job on your coloring and the colors you used! This card is one of my favorites this week!!

Arline said...

This is a lovely image and the background paper is gorgeous!xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin