Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Camilla's blog candy sketch

Thought I'd enter Camilla's candy as I like working with sketches plus the embellishments in the candy is heavenly and as they say, 'you have to be in it to win it'! So fingers crossed. This is the sketch
and this is what I came up with, using a Penny Black image I coloured in the other day whilst testing out my markers
Materials:
  • Image: 'Good Friends' Penny Black stamp 'Happy birthday' cuttlebug embossing folder and cuttlebug circular postage die
  • Colouring medium: Letraset Promarkers, white gel pen and a bit of stickles
  • Papers: HOTP floral cardmakers pack (forgot I had this and the patterns in there are very vintagey and perfect for all my Sarah Kay/S A Ebony type stamps)
  • Others: Swirl part of a larger quickcutz border die which I have just cut down to size. Flowers and pearl brads from stash

Right, off to finish my DT card for CCT then I must start thinking about card for hubby as it's his birthday Sat - thing is it gets harder and harder to impress him now, as he's kind of immune to it all!

12 comments:

Camilla said...

Ohhh, this is so beautiful Frances!! Love it, and your colouring is wonderful:) Thank you so much for joining my Blog Candy! Yes, you have to be in -to win! Haha, so Good Luck!:) Your name is in the box.
Hugs, Camilla.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran The Penny black image is so cute I love it.
xxx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Fran, Love the colour scheme and the scalloped edging, Such a cute image too and beautifully coloured, Hugs, Nikki x

Kathy said...

Adorable card Fran!! I love that image it is the cutest!!!

(BTW~I went to Korin's house to help pack everything up so that she can take them all to the post tommorrow morning before she leaves!! It was funny because I seen yours and was like hey I know her!! (LOL) So yours is ready to go!!)

Marge Robertson said...

Love that color combo; nice job!!!

Kristine said...

Good morning Frances! What a lovely card!
I'll write you an email today regarding you -know -what;)
Kristine =)

debby4000 said...

Oh my she is so cute and what a gorgeous card, fabulous colours.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran, love the image

Tarasdesigns said...

lovely card, the image is so cute and i like that layout

ink'n'rubba said...

she's is gorgeous! the more I see your work with those markers the more I keep waivering and thinking I should get some .. .. what kind of cardstock are you using with them? annie x

mueppi said...

Die Karte ist wunderschön!
Ich liebe das Motiv und die Farben!!!!!!!

Jo said...

Another gorgeous card and image....wish I could achieve this effect!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin