Thursday, 26 June 2008

Spoonful of Sassy & checks!

As promised I'm back. The rest of my fab promarkers came yesterday (thanks Bryony!) so after doing a little colour swatch of all the colours for my own reference (I always do this with all my pens/pencils as I find the colour indicator on any pen/pencil is never as accurate), I had a little play whilst watching Wimbledon yesterday. Used my new sweet n sassy stamp and this was the result

I'm really happy with this and am loving using them at the moment so you may find me neglecting my prismas/distress inks for a little while :) Love the skin colours in the pens. I use combination of ivory, blush and dusky pink then just a hint of pastel pink for the cheek.

Anyway, back to the card. Theme on spoonful this week is checks and I had left over bits of card from my tilda card the other day so used all of those bits to come up with this:


Should be enough 'checks' as the yellow piece is check and the lilac embossed piece is 'argyle' checks (cuttlebug folder). Also used my border folder for the row of buttons (love this folder). I swiped both folders with versamark ink before embossing then dusted the embossed pieces with some PearlEx powder (Annie reminded me I had some of the stuff in my cupboards which I hardly ever use). Then just added a little sentiment, charm and flower from stash.

Have a good day, I was going to mow the lawn today but the weather's not co-operating will just have to makes some more cards instead, what a shame! Oh, in case any of you were waiting, Glitterpot have got the Sarah Kay clear stamps in stock, so hurry on over before they sell out (and don't blame me if you overspend)!

25 comments:

Katharina said...

Oh boy, what a stunning colouration Fran!! Absolutely fabulous! I am simply speechless :)

Kristine said...

Hi Frances!
what a lovely card;)
I received some mail from you yesterday! Thank you very much for the images and for the beautiful card I received! Something is on it's way to you soon;)
Kristine;)

Jeannette said...

Hi Fran, love the colouring. Are the Promarkers anything like Copic's?

Carol said...

Hi

Stunning card....I stopped by earlier but at the news of Sarah Kaye had ti whizz and order- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TIP!!:0)

Love all your cards
TFS
:)

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh wowzer Fran.. fabulous colouring! I am speechless.. mine is not so good so will not be publishing any of it. lol Hugs, Nikki x

mar1ene said...

OMG.. not heard of these pens yet.. feel another spend coming on!! oh no! lol
simply stunning colouring Fran! love it all :D

Marlene x

agnes said...

Great card,beautiful colors/papers/flowers.The image is so sweet

Debbie said...

Hi fran gorgeous card love the layout you have used. thanks for playing along this week :)

Camilla said...

Wow!! Stunning card! You surprises me every time with a new beautiful card:) Love that image, and your colouring is fab.
Thanks for joining the challenge.
Hugs, Camilla.

Kim said...

Utterly stunning....

MichelleO said...

Oh my girlfriend this is just awsome... ok the list of what I LOVE... the image, your coloring is great!, the colors love that deep purple, the buttons embossed. wow I am going right now and find some of them! Oh heck the whole card is great!
HUGS
MichelleO

cats whiskers said...

OMG it didn't take you long to learm how to use these to perfection did it. This is brilliant, love your colouring and the colours of the card are wow. Great Card again
Hugs Jacqui x

Debbie said...

Amazing card Fran...just stunning.

Debbie x

Diane.W. said...

Amazing,Fran! just luv it,those pens are fab :o)x

Vicky said...

Fab card! You've done a superb job, just love it!
Vicky x

Kathy said...

Wow!! I love your color combo and your coloring is great with those markers!! Are they like copics?? I almost think these look better!! AND those embossed buttons and argyle are absolutely fab!! I can't wait to get mine!!

(BTW~got your mail today!! Thanks so much Fran I really appreciate it!! ALL those images are adorable!! Thanks so much again! Hugs!!)

Shary said...

Gorgeous Fran , your colouring is fab. Awesome!

CraftyC said...

A fantastic card, love the rich colours. I use Copics alot, think they're fab!
Clairexx

mariaadams said...

I love what you're doing with the new pens, Fran. your card is gorgeous!
Maria x

ink'n'rubba said...

fabulous card, lovin those embossing folders and of course the new stamp! And only too happy to remind you of what's at the back of the cupboard, but I hope you didn't end up in a mess!

Trina said...

Fran, your card is beautiful!! I absolutely love the colors and the layout, and your elements are amazing!! Thanks for joining our challenge!

Tassie said...

Wow! Love the colours you've used!

TheClint&LisBells said...

Hi Fran, your colour work is just breath taking. A truly lovely card!!!

*Luv n Hugs!*

Elisabeth xx

Tiets said...

soo gorgeous you colorwork!

belinda said...

Very nice card and wonderful colors

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin