Monday, 23 June 2008

Spoonful of fri sketcher & trying new markers

Hope everyone had a good weekend, I didn't make any cards at the weekend as wasn't in the mood but made this today as I was trying out some new marker pens.

This is for spoonful of sugar challenge, 'celebrations' and Friday sketchers sketch 7:-



Materials:
  • Images: Hanglar image from blog buddy ;) I've been saving for months but as I will be getting this baby along with a few others in rubber form soon decided it was safe for me to use now! Coloured with letraset promarkers.** sentiment from a woodware xmas clear set 'home for christmas'.
  • Paper: DCWV christmas stack 2007
  • Others: EK success corner adorner punch 'bubbles' and ribbon from stash.

** I've been shopping around for my birthday present (either from hubby or from myself, haven't decided yet!). I've been wanting copics or similar alcohol based markers for a while now as I like the more intense colours you get with them plus they are quick and easier for when you don't want to blend with paper stumps or watercolour etc. After thinking long and hard decided I wouldn't go for copics but a cheaper UK alternative, the letraset promarkers as I think they are good enough for what I need them for. Plus this way, the money I save can go towards other craft goodies :)

So, anyway, before I bought all the colours I wanted from Silly Monkeys (only place I could find which had such a big choice at a good price) thought I'd best try some out first to make sure I'm happy with them, so popped to my local art store today and got a few to try and this is my first card made with them. It is also why it's a christmas card as the limited colours I had dictated the colour scheme of the card!

Still need practice using them but that's half the fun but happy enough for me to have ordered the rest I wanted. Just need to wait for them to come now, can't wait!

Need to go and do my DT cards now. Not having made anything over the weekend has really put me behind!


13 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous christmas card fran i love the effect you get with your new markers, Thanks for playing along this week :)

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Beautiful card Fran, you have done a great job with your new markers! I've just got some copics and am still practising with them! The letraset pens look great. Love the image too! We must meet up some time!!!
Carole ;-)

Camilla said...

Ooohh, beautiful work as usually!! The colours and image is great!:) Probably a good idea to start making christmas cards now..;) Thanks for joining the challenge! Better late than never:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Beautiful card. And great colouring! Good job with the marker, I have some tria markers since a little time, but didn't try them out yet ;-( Thanks for joining in FS. Great that you could combine more challenges. If you like I have some blogcandy to win.....

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Fantastic bright Christmas card Fran, Your colouring is wonderful, I should be getting some of these tomorrow to try from SM and can't wait to play, Hugs, Nikki x

Trina said...

Great card Fran!! I love how bright it is! What a beautiful image too!! Thanks for joining our challenge!

Diane.W. said...

All of this card is brill! I have 1 of these pens,lol!!! not sure where 1 will get me :o)x

Vicky said...

Fab colourful card. Love it!

Scrapmumur said...

Very Splendid your card!!!
I love it!!!
Beautiful colours!
Thanks for your participation.
Mumur

sillymonkeycrafts said...

Thanks for the mention Fran. Hope you enjoy playing with your new batch of promarkers - you have done a great job with your shading

Bryony

ink'n'rubba said...

gorgeous christmas card and thanks for telling us about the markers. I might look out for the Letraset ones and like you, just try a few to see how I get on.

Jo said...

Love the colours you've used on this card Fran and you've done a fabulous job with your new pens :)

Deb said...

just beautiful, absolutely love everything about this card, those Hanglar people are fab and make such a fabulous Christmas card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin