Friday, 20 June 2008

Pop Up Chintz!!!!!!!!

Ismaki sketch this week is to create a pop up card using this layout. Well, I received some fab stamps from Alota rubber stamps (fab service, arrived 6 days from US) and the 1 I was itching to use was this sofa/couch stamp. So set about creating scene round that.

This is the front, kept it plain so that inside is more of a surprise (recognise the bow Diane?!). Will add sentiment or words when I come to use it
and this is the inside, bit of chintz anyone?! (the sofa comes plain but in my order they gave me this free little rubber stamp of a rose and I couldn't resist stamping it all over the sofa!):
Will add sentiment where my watermark is once I know who/what I'm going to use this for (perhaps 'no place like home', 'welcome home', or 'I miss you'.)

This is close up from the right so you can see the fireplace, sheepskin rug and mirror better!

and on the left we have table with tray of cookies and my 'piece de resistance', little photo portrait (this is a photo of an old card I've made which I have turned sepia and shrunk. By fluke, it fitted the smallest rectangle nestabalities die! Then just added tiny piece of pearl beading and mini brad for nail. Really pleased with this and think it's my favourite bit of the card, actually chuckled to myself as I made it!)
I had such fun making this, I'm such a big kid, LOL! Just don't know whether I want to give it away now :D

Was going to look for a more flowery 'wallpaper' but then thought that would have been chintz overkill LOL (by the way, my house does NOT look like this at all!!)

Not going to list everything (would take too long) but all stamps except the couch were Magnolia with some adaptation (eg. cookie tray from tilda with cookies, table is chair with the back cut off, rug is top bit of another seat)! Apart from that only other tools used were my nesties for the mirror and photo frame.

For those eagle eyed amongst you, after taking couple of photos decided that I wanted Tilda to be human so ended up cutting off her wings which you can see is missing in one of the shots.

Any questions, just ask! This is only my second pop up card and had such fun, will definately be doing more in future.

40 comments:

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Absolutely fantastic pop up card Fran...fabulous scene, what a lot of work...well worth it though! Love the setee, great idea to use the rose, I got a butterfly with my setee...don't think that would look as nice! Picture of Tilda and Edwin is sooooo cute!
Have a great weekend.
Carole ;-)

poupette said...

ohhh elle est géniale, j'adore tous les petits détails !! bravo !

Camilla said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!! This is really fantastic!! So many cool details!!
Really stunning:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Caz said...

This card is amazing Fran...so much detail.
Caz
x

Debbie said...

Wow Wow Wow I'm Speechless.

Diane.W. said...

Awwww,bless ya,using that bow!!!!
This is outstanding,Fran! How do you come up with all these great ideas?!
Luv that pic on wall & the floral sofa :o)x

titisonia said...

wahoooo
very fantastic card

MichelleO said...

OMG!!! Jaw hit the floor! Wow you rock girl, this is fabulous! I don't know what I love most! I think it is the family photo, but the sofa is fantastic, the fireplace looks perfect, the sheepskin rug is hysterical, the mirror looks real, the wall paper is fabulous, and of course I love Tilda! OH MY Fran you just keep out doing yourself!
HUGS
MichelleO

Parvati said...

beautiful card and the details are fantastic, great work bravo !

mu42800 said...

ouaohh fantastique ta popup carte !!! le canapé le mini cadre la cheminée c'est vraiment sublime
bizz Mu

Marja Sch said...

Wauw this is fabulous. What awonderful artwork. Hugs Marja

Valoudesbois said...

quel joli intérieur, on aimerait y habiter.

superbe carte

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh Wow Fran, this is just amazing work...I love everything and what a fab idea shrinking a photo to go in the frame. Love your new stamps too, Hugs, Nikki x

vanilleco said...

c'est superbe !!! on a envie d'y rentrer !

Valérie said...

Fantastic card ! I love the scene !! Very great work !!

craftyb said...

Oh for goodness sake fran...would you LOOK at this! How utterly fabulous! You must've been on such a role with this...absolutely top marks from me!!

kraftykathy1 said...

oh my gosh, feel like I just opened a doll house, fab 3-d card.

Kathy said...

Wow Fran!! This is a masterpiece!! I don't think I would give this one away!! How brilliant is that picture on the wall!! Wow ~ I love that idea!!! Also the rug and tray of cookies are so cool!! Nice job with this one!! Love the sofa too!! (what a creative brain you have!!)

nessy said...

what can i say ??? i can see you have had so much fun making this ,i can see your smile now, as more ideas popped into your head!!!!
a work of art!! fab
vanessa xx

Kim said...

WOW WOW WOW I absolutly adore this. What a wonderful scene :)

debby4000 said...

WOW this is brilliant, love that sofa. The picture on the wall is so clever. Guess my CC is going to take another bashing.

ink'n'rubba said...

wow Fran, what an amazing card you have made! love that chintz sofa and all the little details, especially the picture on the wall!

sonic said...

Elle est superbe et le décor est vraiment génial !! Bravo !!

Andrea, said...

This is fab Fran, love all the elements you have added. I used my sofa on Thursday night, it's such a great stamp

Ying Pang, said...

fran, I just can say wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you had done so much beautiful work!!!!!!!!LOVE all the details and I salute the time you spent to create!!!

COCO said...

wooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww
very fantastic!!!! very beautiful card !!!!!!

Els G. said...

Wonderful card. It feels like the scene is alive!
Els
x

Shary said...

Fantastic card Fran. Love it! All that hard work is well worth it. I've also ordered from alota. Made an order and then went back a few days later and made another!! But still waiting for the first lot to arrive. Can't wait now that I've seen yours.

veronoah said...

waouw, c'est superbe!!! quel originalité!!
bisous bisous

Gill said...

Absolutely fantastic, it is sooo stunning, love all the details, really looks like 'home sweet home'
I love it!
lv gill x

Heather's Creations said...

Wow Fran, that is sooooooo beautiful :) be careful tho, that couch is very close to burning lol.
You should be very proud, this is awesome.
regards
Heather x

mariaadams said...

This is fabulous, Fram, must have taken ages. Your little picture is sooo cute!
Maria xx

Sonia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
Fabulous Scene, Great Work!!!

Gwen said...

Wow Fran...you really outdid yourself this time!!! Fantastic!!!

leann said...

Love it Fran!

Marge Robertson said...

Oh my, what a masterpiece; I don't think I'd give it away either! I can't imagine how many hours you spent of this, Fran!
Simply fabulous!!!

Alison said...

Sensational creation Fran, love it.

Jo said...

WOW! WOW! and WOW! Your attention to detail is fantastic and I was wondering how you made the portrait - what a fabulous idea!

Lim said...

WOWo..Stunning! Fabulous!
Hugs,
Lim

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin