Thursday, 26 June 2008

CCT16 no PP: 'many many thanks'

Theme this week on CCT is 'no patterned paper'. So time to get creative and make your own backgrounds, use embossing folder, anything as long as there's no shop bought patterned paper.

So out came my new embossing folders and bits of card. What started out in my head as a simple tent fold card with 1 image turned into a more elaborate kickstand card (with acetate) using a different image (thanks Nikki, she is a cutie :) ). Had no plan, it just kind of evolved into this once I started playing with all the layers and bits I wanted to include.

The first photo is taken flat so you can see the whole design as the bottom half is acetate.



This is taken with the card standing so you can see the which bits are inside the card and which bit is the acetate:
and this is the inside (smudged a bit of the sentiment but as the whole thing is 'distressed' and muted tones think I can get away with it or I may just stick a little flower to cover it up later):

Materials:
  • Images: papilio stamp that I don't yet own! Image from swap I did with Nikki, isn't she cute?! 'many thanks sentiment' from hero arts set.
  • Colouring medium: promarkers for the image. distress inks for edges and for some of the embossing folders. Silver gel pen for all the faux stitching - looks like glittery metallic thread IRL.
  • Others: front of the card was done with the new embossing border strips. I used 3 of the ones in the 'just my type' set. Just swiped them with distress inks before I ran it through my cuttlebug. Really liked how the buttons turned out - will be doing that again! Inside the card are 'argyle' and 'houndstooth' folders. Again argyle was swiped with ink before embossing. The blue piece is background paper I made and had leftover from previous challenge to use alcohol inks. All edges cut with decorative scissors or distressed using my heidi swapp distresser. Ribbon,flowers, spacer and brad from stash.

Hope you'll join in this week, and there's more candy to be won, pop on over to CCT for details. I'll be back later to show you another card finished yesterday.

16 comments:

Vicky said...

What a fab card. It is truly gorgeous!
Vicky x

nessy said...

very cute image and great imaginative card ,as always!!
no paper!! mmmmmm think about that one!!
vanessa xx
thanks for your kind words on my blog yesterday ~it`s so nice to have such supportive friends.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is stunning Fran, You did a fabulous job without using patterned paper and I love the embossing, Hugs, Nikki x

Debbie said...

This is Fab Fran Love all the new embossing folders.

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, I love all the embossing and the cute image. Fab card design

Jeannette said...

Fran another great card! The image is so cute and you did a great job using no paper!

ink'n'rubba said...

what an amazing card you have made Fran! love those new folders - I'm going to have to get some of those!

debby4000 said...

WOW amazing job with the challenge. Stunning card, love how you've used the acetate.

Deb said...

just fantastic Fran, I absolutely love all the embossing and great use of the acetate

Katharina said...

Absolutely adorable Fran, great work with the background and the image is so cute :)

mar1ene said...

Superfab Fran! love what you've done with the embossing.. awesome!

Marlene x

MichelleO said...

I love the look of this one, the colors seem to shimmer so pretty! And that girl just makes me smile! Fabulous!
HUGS
MichelleO

Diane.W. said...

Soo beautiful,luv your wallets & folders :o)x

Marge Robertson said...

As others have already said here, this is stunning & fabulous!!!

Kathy said...

Oh wow!! This has to be one of my favorite cards from you!!! You are really a whiz with that cuttlebug!! I LOVE the whole look of this card and the colors are so pretty!! (LOVE the idea to color before you emboss with have to try that one out!!) Have a great friday and thanks again for the beautiful images :)

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin