So out came my new embossing folders and bits of card. What started out in my head as a simple tent fold card with 1 image turned into a more elaborate kickstand card (with acetate) using a different image (thanks Nikki, she is a cutie :) ). Had no plan, it just kind of evolved into this once I started playing with all the layers and bits I wanted to include.
The first photo is taken flat so you can see the whole design as the bottom half is acetate.
This is taken with the card standing so you can see the which bits are inside the card and which bit is the acetate:
and this is the inside (smudged a bit of the sentiment but as the whole thing is 'distressed' and muted tones think I can get away with it or I may just stick a little flower to cover it up later):
- Images: papilio stamp that I don't yet own! Image from swap I did with Nikki, isn't she cute?! 'many thanks sentiment' from hero arts set.
- Colouring medium: promarkers for the image. distress inks for edges and for some of the embossing folders. Silver gel pen for all the faux stitching - looks like glittery metallic thread IRL.
- Others: front of the card was done with the new embossing border strips. I used 3 of the ones in the 'just my type' set. Just swiped them with distress inks before I ran it through my cuttlebug. Really liked how the buttons turned out - will be doing that again! Inside the card are 'argyle' and 'houndstooth' folders. Again argyle was swiped with ink before embossing. The blue piece is background paper I made and had leftover from previous challenge to use alcohol inks. All edges cut with decorative scissors or distressed using my heidi swapp distresser. Ribbon,flowers, spacer and brad from stash.
Hope you'll join in this week, and there's more candy to be won, pop on over to CCT for details. I'll be back later to show you another card finished yesterday.