Thursday, 19 June 2008

CCT#15 Birthdays: "Party Animal"

Another nice general theme this week on CCT which is "Birthdays".

Looking through my PBs the other day I found these guys which I haven't got round to using (purchased about year ago I think!) and thought they'd make a fun birthday card. Layout just came about from using up the scraps I had left from a previous card (Basic Grey pad I think) and it's a kickstand card as the green base card wasn't quite wide enough to make a normal DL size card.


Here it is flat so you can see the whole design better

and up close so you can see how the little piggies have been decoupaged and they are all sparkly as I used pearlescent watercolour as well as my distress inksMaterials:

  • Stamp: 'party animals' Penny black. 'Happy Birthday' is studio G 99p clear set, embossed with holographic black powder.
  • Papers: scraps from scrap box (Basic Grey pheobe I think?) and black glitter cardstock for the mat round the piggies.
  • Others: dymo tape writer used for 'party animal'. brads & gems from stash

Thank you for all your well wishes yesterday. Am feeling better now (think it was just the old monthly hormones, in my case it wrecks havoc with my digestive system and always get unsettled tummy along with headaches and general 'blearh-ness') but the horrid weather isn't helping now - you can always tell when it's Wimbledon fortnight - bound to rain isn't it?!

Have a nice day, hope it's a good one.

24 comments:

Diane.W. said...

This is luvly,luv all the sparkle!!!
Glad you feel better :o)x

Andrea, said...

This is so cute Fran, I love those little piggys and their blingy hats.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh wow Fran, this is just super cute, love all the little piggies and another fantastic card, Love the music too and much to my 3 year olds disgust have just been dancing round singing "Let's hear it for the boys"! Glad to hear your feeling better hun, Hugs, Nikki x

Debbie said...

Fab card Fran Love the little paryty animals, so cute.

debby4000 said...

Love those little piggies.

Marja Sch said...

What a lovely card with a lot of special effects. Great Job. Hugs Marja

nessy said...

oooooooh another fab,fun card from you fran!!(good job i`ve got my good teeth in saying that!!)
vanessa xx

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Love this cute decoupaged piggie card Fran! I think we do have the same problem with the paper and also stamps that have not been used...just can't stop buying them that's the problem! I've got some H&S stamps on their way...I see you have too...there is no hope for us is there!!!
Glad you're feeling brighter today.
Take care
Carole ;-)

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Fran this is delightful. It has really cheered me up. I love your colouring of the images and the colours you have used are brill. By the way Tilda has forgiven Edwin but he had to promise not to go fishing so often. Sorry I am a little mad but it helps the inspiration if I mkeup a little story
Hugs and thanks for your kind comments Jacqui xx

Shary said...

Great card Fran and I love the pig's decoupaged "bits"!! Fantastic idea.

Anesha said...

What a cute card, love the 3D pigs.

mar1ene said...

:D Your card really made me giggle when I seen it yesterday!!
Totally love the piggies and your colouring is wonderful as ever!!!

Marlene xx

Kathy said...

How cute!! I LOVE these pigs! This has to be one of the cutest pig images I have seen!! (Don't know many PB images so they are all new to me) You have colored them in perfect! And of course I LOVE all the glitter and sparkle!! Great b-day card!!

MichelleO said...

I Love when you use PIGS... Great birthday card!
HUGS
MichelleO

ink'n'rubba said...

those piggies are so cute! and great colouring and card design layout.

Alison said...

Such a fun card the image is fab.

mariaadams said...

Cute piggies! Lovely card with so much detail.
Maria xx

Deb said...

Fabulous card Fran, adore these little piggies, glad you are feeling better today!

Hannah said...

this is fab i love how you have lifted the pigs up.

Vicky said...

Fab card! Love the piggy image and your use of colour!
Vicky x

Stacey said...

Fabulous! The paper and images work brilliantly together and I love how the little piggies 'pop' out of the paper ~x~

leann said...

love the sparkly piggies ~ so cute!

Jo said...

This is great Fran....love the way you've decoupaged the piggies :)

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin