Thursday, 12 June 2008

CCT#14- Embellishments: 'Big Hugs' bear

Thursday already! Which means time for another CCT challenge. Theme this week is to use 3 types of embellishments. Had great fun because it's such a broad theme so I just went with the flow and think went a bit mad with the old gel pen (see what I mean Michelle, all your fault! My pen must be the next model up cos it does zig zag stitches as well as straight :P LOL). Once you start you really can't stop!


Anyway, the 'fabric swatch' background/layout is because I usually make my DT stuff together so I still had the whole fabric swatch idea in my head after making my ATC (post below).

Think I've actually got 4 types of embellishments on my card; the flowers, the brads (in centre of flower and the brown flower top right is a brad), the ribbon and the epoxy buttons (either end of ribbon). The central image is raised on foam pads, think you might get better view of it from side view below

Materials:

  • Images: 'Honey Bear' old Penny Black stamp coloured with distress inks, stardust pens and glossy accent over the honey jar. 'Big Hugs' cuddly buddly stamp
  • Papers: making memories 'funky vintage - ruby collection' all cut with decorative scissors, which I've had for years (don't we all?) but rarely use. All 'stitched' with white gel pen, including edges of card, even the bear couldn't escape the gel pen :D
  • Others: all embellishments from stash and used petite oval scallop nestabilites to cut & layer the bear, circle one for the sentiment.

Hope you'll all join in with the challenge, there's even a blog candy draw this week to win assortment of embellishments (see how the theme ties in, clever eh?!). Hop on over here for details and all the other fabby DT cards - there are some crackers this week. Have a good day.

18 comments:

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, those papers are fab and the bear is such a cutie. Love all your stitching

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is gorgeous Fran. I love the colour scheme and all your fabulous gel stitching. I'm really loving your old style penny black stamps. Hugs, Nikki x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran I love the way you have added the Faux stitching.

Diane.W. said...

I abs luv this card,it is so bright & detailed!!!!
Luv those papers,never heard of em b4 :o)x

debby4000 said...

WOW Fran this is stunning, love those Old PB stamps, hope you don't wear out the gel pen or your might have to go shopping, again!

Deb said...

gorgeous card Fran, I love your fabric swatches idea, it really does look like fabric and the faux stitching finishes it off perfectly.

Sharon said...

Love this card, it's so bright & cheerful. I love the PB image it's so cute. The paper/material swatch idea is really effective & I love the faux stitching.
Sharon:-)x

Tracy said...

fab card love all the detail and that image is so cute love it

Kathy said...

The papers are so pretty, the layout is great and these "old" style stamps you have been using are so cute!! Your coloring is fantastic!! I know what you mean about the gel pen!! Looks great though!

ink'n'rubba said...

fabulous! love your layered swatches of paper and all the stitching! and that cute bear, I'll have to look out for him!

mar1ene said...

Awwwww so lovely Fran, fell in love with it as soon as I seen it on the group!
Am feeling a little uninspired for cards the last week.. still got the scrapping bug..lol

Marlene x

Katharina said...

Now I am back, had to see the doctor. That's why I paused my commenting on your blog Fran :)
This is such an extraordinary card. All the colours harmonise so pretty. Thanks for your funny comments on my blog. They made me giggle.

Shary said...

You had me fooled I thought it was real stitching at first. Gorgeous card Fran I love all the colours. Fab!

Rach said...

brilliant and bright...love the swatch effect..it works really well.Your image is so sweet.
Hugs Rach.x

MichelleO said...

A card after my own heart! Love it! Do you need another gel pen? =)
HUGS
MichelleO

Anesha said...

Fantastic card.

cats whiskers said...

Wow Fran this is fantastic, I love that bear, and your colours are great
Hugs Jacqui x

nessy said...

gorgeous card fran ~i love teddybears (yes i collect them ~how sad!)
the colours are striking and the stiching is brilliant!!
vanessa xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin