Thursday, 5 June 2008

CCT 13: Christmas time . .

. . mistletoe & wine, . . ' lets all start swaying to a bit of Sir Cliff, LOL No I've not gone mad (well, depends who you ask) this weeks' CCT challenge is to make a christmas card.

It's to tie in with the fab candy on offer this week (see CCT for details) and also a great way to start building up your christmas cards before it's too late and it all has to be quick and simple. That's what usually happens with me so I may just start making the odd crimbo card from now on.


It was tough to get in the mood at first as the weather's been so sunny but rummaging through my christmas stamps helped. Finally settled on this Penny Black cutie and used Katharina's fab sketch again (from this week's stamp something challenge):

Materials:

  • Image: 'Especially for you' Penny Black stamp coloured with distress inks and some sakura stardust pens. Little tag overlapping at top of circle has been stamped again and raised on foampads. Will write on that when I come to use the card.
  • Papers: Dovecraft xmas pack, not sure which one but it was the sets released xmas '07
  • Others: ribbons were the matching set to the papers. Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder on scrap piece of the base card and circle nestabilites used on main image and mats. 'Meowy christmas' printed off pc. Holly button from stash.


30 comments:

Diane.W. said...

This is gorgeous!
I do luv PB stamps :o)x

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Fran, I love the image it is so cute and the papers are fab. Have a good day

mar1ene said...

Soooo gorgeous Fran :D
Super christmassy stamp and can't ever have too much red.. LOL

Big hugs, Marlene xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran The PB stamp is so cute :)

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous Fran, I love the embossed background and the ribbon. And of course the image is just so cute, Hugs, Nikki x

Rach said...

This is gorgeous.
Love all the papers and the cute image.
Hugs Rach.xx

Zoe xx said...

What a beautiful card Fran!! I check on your blog all the time for inspiration and once again you have impressed me!! Your cards and all soooo fab - boy am i jealous of your stamp collection!!!
Zoe xx

ink'n'rubba said...

fabulous card Fran - love that cute fat cat in the wooly jumper! Going through my stash I realised I've not much xmas pp so will have to go shopping!

Gwen said...

Oh! this is so adorable!! love the stamp tooo!!

Tarasdesigns said...

great card, love that penny black. can't get my head round Xmas cards for this challenge!

x

Deb said...

fantastic card Fran, love the image and so beautifully coloured!

MichelleO said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE, perfect for the challenge. I am really gonna have to reach to do a Christmas card here, it is a 100 degrees here!
HUGS
MichelleO

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card. Very festive traditional colours! Lol, Vicky x

leann said...

Nooooooo!!! Now I'm singing a Cliff Richards song cos of you!
Good job your cards rather gorgeous otherwise I'd have to say something horrid... ;)

Katharina said...

Terrific!! A fab christmas card and great interpretation of the sketch. But I am used no other from you :)

kraftykathy1 said...

great card, esp this time of the year- like colors you choose

Nixe07 said...

Wonderful and sooooo cute card. Great colours and papers.
Hugs, Moni

leann said...

Frances you horror!!!!
yeah, I'm singing it... ;)

nessy said...

i just adore this image (must have him) ~what a delightful card fran!!
guess we all need to get our xmas hats on for this challege!!
vanessa xx
ps congrats on your blog candy win, on jo`s blog!!

debby4000 said...

He's absolutely gorgeous.

mueppi said...

Deine Karte ist wunderschön!
LG Gisela

Jennifer said...

I love this card! Congratulations on your win. Have a fun day with your stamps.
Jennifer x

Alison said...

Great card Fran, so cute.

megastamper said...

really wonderful, in so classic colours .. it looks so precious.

Zimtschnecke said...

Wow, such a beautiful and cute card! I love the image and your layout very much! Great work!

Kerryn said...

that is such a gorgeous card!

Jo said...

OMG, there's another stamp I need! Fabulous card Fran!

Jo said...

I love this card!

Marilyn said...

Wow, what a great card! I love those Penny Black cats - is this a new stamp or an older one? The coloring is delicious, and almost puts one on the mood to work on some Christmas cards - of course, I said ALMOST! LOL!! I love getting inspiration from your blog. Hugs all the way from Texas!

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin