Thursday, 15 May 2008

Stamp Something & Sat Workout x2

Hope everyone's been enjoying the sun here in the UK although I think if you're down south you've probably got rain coming. I'm sitting here sneezing away now as I mowed the lawn today (before the rain gets to us). I have hayfever but only certain pollens set me off and it's not usually grass (more certain types of trees but I have never actually found out which. Am the same with dust) but something in the lawn triggered it today, ughh, hate it - nose is dripping like a tap (know you wanted to know that LOL).


Anyway, between some gardening, sneezing and sunshine I have managed to make 2 cards. Both are for the Stamp Something challenge and the Saturday Workout one. Stamp something was 'firsts', either as a theme or to try something new for the first time. So as Saturday Workout was 'Linen', using a faux linen technique which I've never tried before thought I would combine the two. Also used some stamps for the first time.


Here is my first attempt which I'm not really sure about, hence a second card. Think I was a bit heavy handed with my distress ink colouring (hubby didn't like it but then he doesn't really like my 'arty' ones, only the cute ones!)

Materials:

  • Images: Faerie Poppet stamp watercoloured with distress inks and a bit of stickles. Sentiment from my 'sweet kids' crafty secrets set
  • Background papers: beige cardstock embossed with cuttlebug folder. Purple piece is my faux linen paper which was glossy paper sanded with sandpaper to get the grainy lines then added distress inks in antique linen and dusty concord. It does look more liney IRL but think may need coarser sandpaper.
  • Others: Ribbon, flowers and brads from stash

So that was my arty piece which I'm not that keen on so today thought I'd try again and revert to cute and made a spring card with one of the new Tildas which I love. Materials:

  • Images: Tilda and roses Magnolia stamps coloured with prismas/Sansodor. Her top, trousers & bow are paper pierced (paper used for the trs & bow was another faux linen piece made with 'antique linen ' & 'broken china' distress inks. The card is actually sitting on the left over piece of this paper). Added Stickles to the roses, tilda's bows and clear glaze pen over the leaves. Tilda is raised on 3D foam put can't tell from photo. 'Happy Everything' hero arts stamp clear embossed.
  • papers: K & Co classic K bailey 6x6 pad
  • Card base: Spring fold card made from sheet of beige linen cardstock 5" x10"

Hopefully, you will like one of these. I like Tilda best.

21 comments:

Diane.W. said...

We all try something new but revert bk to cute!!!Both are very nice,luv the Magnolia roses :o)x

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow Fran they are fabulous.
Such wonderful cards and gorgeous work.

Thanks for joining Saturday´s Workout again.

Donalda's Blog said...

I love both of them there gorgeous

leann said...

I like both of them!
Don't listen to hubbie ~ what does he know about it?!

Denise~ said...

These are both fabulous! Love the coloring, great job. Fun card with the pop up Tilda. Thanks for playing in our challenge. :)

stampingbalou said...

Frances, both are really fantastic cards - wonderful backgrounds !

Thanks so much for participating Saturday´s Workout with such brilliant creations !

Claudia Rosa said...

fabulous fran. you were busy it totally shows

Kathy said...

I think they are both beautiful for there "category"! Your coloring on both are awesome!! I love the style of card for the Magnolia one! Beautiful papers too!!

mueppi said...

Hi Fran
mir gefallen beide Karten sehr gut!
Super

debby4000 said...

Love them both Fran, still haven't had the courage to use my poppet, love the style of the Tilda card.

Kristine said...

Wow Fran! I loved them both!
I have some blog candy to play for if you take a look at my blog!
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs
Kristine

Mica said...

oh, this stamp is beautifully colored, of course i need you for inspiration :D

and thank you frances for visiting my blog, a grea honor for me, and thank you for that i can link you :D i love how you use colors, you cards are BEAUTIFUL and makes me happy :) I am also right now working on an english blog, even if im not good in english. hope i can add you there as well :O)

it is: www.maniccreative.blogspot.com

kind regards VyanMica :O)

MichelleO said...

Both are pretty, but I lean towards the Tilda too. But I love my Tilda's! Those Roses with the Tilda are wonderful... I think I need them.

Glitter Monkey said...

I do like the Fairie Poppet card Fran but also prefer the Tilda, but then I do have a HUGE weakness for spring cards. Lol Lynn x

Jo said...

Two great cards Fran but you know me....I love cute!

ink'n'rubba said...

I like them both! the fairy stamp is so pretty, but then Tilda is such a cutie pie!

cats whiskers said...

Both great cards, I would be too scared to take on the fairy poppet, but afraid tilda wins out, cos shes so cute
Hugs Jacqui

nessy said...

yes always love cute!! and wow is she cute!! fantastic creations fran!!
vanessa xx
yes we have had some rain , and my hayfever has been bad ,some how rain makes mine worse!!LOL

Ila said...

Both of these cards are Beautiful!! and your coloring is Fantastic!!

Gwen said...

Oh YA!!! that Tida is just so stinkin cute!!!!

T said...

Oh My!! I love your Tilda cards...great job!! I wish we had access to those cutey stamps here in the US. Love em!
~Teresa from www.teresasscrappinspot.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin