Anyway, between some gardening, sneezing and sunshine I have managed to make 2 cards. Both are for the Stamp Something challenge and the Saturday Workout one. Stamp something was 'firsts', either as a theme or to try something new for the first time. So as Saturday Workout was 'Linen', using a faux linen technique which I've never tried before thought I would combine the two. Also used some stamps for the first time.
Here is my first attempt which I'm not really sure about, hence a second card. Think I was a bit heavy handed with my distress ink colouring (hubby didn't like it but then he doesn't really like my 'arty' ones, only the cute ones!)
- Images: Faerie Poppet stamp watercoloured with distress inks and a bit of stickles. Sentiment from my 'sweet kids' crafty secrets set
- Background papers: beige cardstock embossed with cuttlebug folder. Purple piece is my faux linen paper which was glossy paper sanded with sandpaper to get the grainy lines then added distress inks in antique linen and dusty concord. It does look more liney IRL but think may need coarser sandpaper.
- Others: Ribbon, flowers and brads from stash
- Images: Tilda and roses Magnolia stamps coloured with prismas/Sansodor. Her top, trousers & bow are paper pierced (paper used for the trs & bow was another faux linen piece made with 'antique linen ' & 'broken china' distress inks. The card is actually sitting on the left over piece of this paper). Added Stickles to the roses, tilda's bows and clear glaze pen over the leaves. Tilda is raised on 3D foam put can't tell from photo. 'Happy Everything' hero arts stamp clear embossed.
- papers: K & Co classic K bailey 6x6 pad
- Card base: Spring fold card made from sheet of beige linen cardstock 5" x10"
Hopefully, you will like one of these. I like Tilda best.