Friday, 9 May 2008

Saturday Workout: AAI

O.K finally got round to doing the saturday workout challenge which I love, as it makes me use different things and pull things out from my stash that have been gathering dust!

This week is perfect example of that, I've had some alcohol inks for about a year now but have never actually got round to using so once I figured out that's what the challange was I knew I had to take part.

Something a bit different but I quite like it. For one of my more 'grown-up' moments I think!

The background is a piece of smooth paper I've covered with the alcohol inks (just smudged some colours randomly all over it). I've then used my PB 'Constellations' stamp and stamped it a few times round the edges and coloured those in with sakura stardust pens.

Over this is a piece of acetate which I stamped once and coloured this by glueing fine glitter on the reverse of it (another craft item not used often enough and I know why now - it gets everywhere!!). Then just stamped sentiment on the acetate with Stazon and attached it to my background piece with 4 gem brads. This was then matted onto blue glitter cardstock and then onto pale green pearlescent cardbase.

That's it. It's lighter IRL and more sparkly (might see it better if you click on photo). Hope you like it. I had fun making it, just creates too much mess for me to tidy :)



5 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh my gosh, this is unbelievable. So stunning card. Love the background. Awesome.

Thanks for playing Saturday´s Workout again.

Rein said...

Just beautiful!

Jo said...

Wow, it's amazing! I've got some alcohol inks somewhere but was never quite sure how to use them!

wendy said...

wow... i love this one Fran!

mar1ene said...

wow Frances.. totally love this!! so different and gorgeous colours!! stunning

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin