Sunday, 4 May 2008

Same papers, 2 cards (Katharina's sketch #7)

Hope everyone's having a good (UK) Bank Hol weekend and is having better luck with the weather. Woke up to loud thunder this morning and it's been grey and wet all day. No doubt the sun will come out once bank hol is over, that's what usually happens isn't yet?

Looks like Blogger is playing up again as I've set mine up to email me whenever I get new comment but haven't received any yesterday or today. Hopefully, it will sort itself out soon, as it's happened before. Didn't post yesterday (had a stinking headache) so will post 2 cards today.

Had some left over bits of paper and image I stamped but not used so thought I'd make it up using one of Katharina's fab sketches. Only I didn't want a square card so it's a squished version of the sketch.

  • Stamp is from 'Sweet Kids' set from Crafty Secrets. 'Love' is a stampendous stamp. Watercoloured with distress inks
  • Papers are from 'retro floral' papermania pack
  • lace border has been inked with distress ink to match then cut down the middle to create 2 borders. ribbon and gems from stash

Second card is again more of the same papers (who'da thought 2 pieces of 8x8 paper could stretch so far! That's 3 cards I done now and I've still got enough bits for another 1 but I get bored of using the same colours so they will now go in my scrap box and goodness knows how long that will stay there now!) and distress inks to colour but image is one of the gorgeous Ladybug & friends stamp and I used DL size card this time.

7 comments:

nessy said...

well fran do hope you get this comment!!
adorable cards ,do love the first image , haven`t seen that stamp before!!
great take on the sketch!!
vanessa xx
ps i put mmmmmmmmm for coffee!!LOL

Diane.W. said...

Hi Fran!Your cards are so gorgeous & those papers are really nice.
p.s I have posted a pinkified card on my blog now,lol!!! :o)x

Katharina said...

Fabulous Fran. I love how the card turned out! Great way of interpreting the sketch, all the details are wonderful!

Julie's Crafty Corner said...

Oh Fran these cards are lovely! Such wonderful colours!

Julie sbs-8

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Gorgeous cards Fran, love the papers and your colouring is FAB! Yeh, we had thunder this am and have had lots of rain too!!!

Andrea, said...

2 fab cards Fran, love those papers and the images are gorgeous. Hope you're having a good BH

Vyanmica said...

oh m g :D this card is unbelievable beautiful..... thanks for inspiring me :O) is it ok for you if i add your blog on inspiration links at my own blog? :O) have a beautiful day!!! kind regards VyanMica from Norway

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin