Thursday, 22 May 2008

PTW Katharina's sketch #3: 'Believe'

Here's the 2nd card for today, using the fab PTW sketch challenge set by Katharina.


Materials:

  • Image: 'Summer Ice Cream' stamp from 'Sweet Art Ebony' range of Sugar Nellie stamps available from Funky Kits. Watercoloured with distress inks as I like the effect this gives. Stickles glue used to highlight the flowers
  • Papers: K & Co McKenna paper pad.
  • Others: Cuttlebug paisley embossing folder used on base card. Flowers, brads and gems from stash. 'Believe' from Making Memories magnetic stamp set I've had for donkeys! cut out with SU word window punch.

It's just so easy to make something with this range of stamps, I can't stop! I also had a lovely unexpected e-mail from Elisabeth, the designer of these gorgeous stamps, to say she loved what I did with the Picking apples one I posted the other day! I was one happy bunny, as I took that as a wonderful compliment coming from someone as talented as Elisabeth is (and she's even mentioned little 'ol me on her blog :D) If you've not seen her work you need to, I love the whimsical/nostalgic look to her illustrations. Can't wait for more, I'm well and truely hooked on them!

On that note, I shall leave you - have a fab bank hol weekend. Shall not post now till Mon probably (need to catch up on my blog hopping and sort out my craft room in between working).

24 comments:

Jo said...

Absolutely beautiful...yet again! These stamps really are beautiful and so is your card Fran!

Katharina said...

What a wonderful creation Fran. I just posted a card on my blog with the same image. Its so funny how different the same motive looks, just with coloured with different colours. And you know your work is always fabulous!! No wonder Elisabeth wrote to you :) I always love visiting you, because I always find inspiration!

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is really awesome.
What can I say ??? Sooo lovely.

Diane.W. said...

Beautiful! Bet you feel really proud,well done :o)x

Ila said...

This card is Absolutley Beautiful!! I love the way you colored this Adorable image..and the layout and accents on here are Fabulous!!

Kathy said...

Another beautiful card!! Those images are too cute and I am starting to get antsy waiting for mine to come!! Cool that she mentioned you but you are making beautiful things with her stamps!! I love coming back to see more!

Claudia said...

this is so wonderful, wow.
Great card.

mueppi said...

Wow Fran
die Karte ist ja wieder wunderschön!

steph said...

Gorgeous card! Those papers are perfect for that image! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

All Pink girl said...

So fabulous love the image and the papers ,beautiful work ,Dawnx

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Well done for getting mentioned by
Elisabeth Fran, it's no surprise though! Love this card, everything about it is beautiful. I hope they get the stamps back in stock SOON!

Carole =D

MichelleO said...

Your work is so beautiful, I am sure she loved it and not surprized she put it on her blog! Love this card, and just can't wait to get some of these images myself!!!

mar1ene said...

Wonderful, gorgeous and unbelievably yummie!!

Big hugs, Marlene x

My Little Space said...

such a pretty card and image.

Mandy

ink'n'rubba said...

wow! absoloutely gorgeous, what more is there to say!

Pink Sunshine said...

Your cards are amazing, in a league of their own, a very clever talented lady, I love your blog. x

Heather said...

Fabulous!! It'a wonderful know wondering she put it on her blog.

nessy said...

another gorgeous card fran (as always) these are such charming stamps,thanks for the images!!
have now played with "my" stamp ~the colouring is so easy!!
i`m not surprised elisabeth got in touch with you ~all your cards are so stylish and adorable!!
will go and have a look at her site
vanessa xx

Jill said...

Beautiful card Fran, can;t wait till these stamps are back in stock as I missed out. Jill x

milli said...

Wonderful! Love the cute little details!

traciejane said...

fabulous card Fran, love these new stamps :-)x

mariaadams said...

Wonderful, Fran! I love everything about it.
Maria x

craftyb said...

Utterly gorgeous Fran...so much to look at and take in...bx

Beth said...

Wow, that's such a compliment! I can see why though, this is beautiful! I love how you've used circles on the sketch instead, it looks great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin