Sunday, 25 May 2008

More Sweet Art Ebony: 'big hugs'

I'm back! Couldn't stay away till tomorrow =). Did I manage to clear out my craft room? did I heck! LOL Instead I had all these stamped images whispering 'colour me in' and I just couldn't ignore them and guess who whispered loudest? yep, anothor 'Sweet Art Ebony' (visit Elisabeth's blog to see all her fab art and potential future stamp images!) - just can't stop colouring in these cuties. Thought I'd colour her hair black (seeing as mine is) and have to say she looks like a little chinese girl - what do you think?!

Materials:

  • Images: 'sitting with bear' Sweet Art Ebony stamp water coloured with distress inks and touch of pearlescent watercolour on her top. 'Big Hugs' is cuddly buddly stamp
  • Papers: DCWV spring stack. Aqua one is papermania handmade paper. Used edge distresser on all edges and added faux stitching.
  • Others: cuttlebug die for the 2 ornate corners. flower made with the papers using smallest circle nestabilities with ribbon stitched into centre.

Didn't make it for any challenge in mind but having completed it I think I can enter it for this week's Stamp Something challenge which is 'faux something'. I've used faux stitches on mine.

Hope you're not sick of these cuties yet as I've still got 3 more to colour in! Also got some of the fab new Magnolia tildas to use too so am really struggling to sort my room out but I know I should (as then I'll have more room for more new stash ;D)

21 comments:

Kelly said...

What a cutie - love the stamp! Great job on the card. Happy coloring. :)

nessy said...

it`s you fran!! LOL
another great card ,you just keep them coming ~i love them all!! forget the craft room ,it will only get messy again!!
just used my new stamp ~ gosh she was great to colour and use!!(and also just finishing a card with one of your images)
vanessa xx
ps jo and myself would love to visit your craft room messy or tidy!!

Hannah said...

Fab card love the image.

Diane.W. said...

Sooo beutiful! She does look oriental! (I have blk hair too!!!) :o)x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Fran love the layout.

Jo said...

Fabulous Fran! These images are gorgeous and could never get fed up with them! Waiting for FK to restock!!

Debbie said...

Fran .. what a gorgeous card ... looking forward to seeing your other creations when you get to play .. hope you having a great, if not wet!, weekend
Debbie
:-)))

Kathy said...

This is adorable!! I love all your faux stitching and the colors are so pretty!!! Have fun cleaning (or stamping) whichever it is!!!

(My daughters thought she looked liked Lilo from Lilo and stitch!!)

Erin... said...

great faux stitching! your coloring is beautiful. thanks for playing

Beth said...

I know exactly what you mean, they're so beautiful! Gorgeous card, I love the layout you've used!

Suzanne said...

She does look oriental and very pretty I love it and the papers are gorgeous. Sue :o)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Very sweet card Frances! Love the image and the different layers. Great faux stitching too. Thanks for playing along this week. :)

CraftyC said...

Its a gorgeous card, love the L/O!
Clairexx

kath said...

Great card Frances -love that image and your faux stitching looks great

Sue said...

Stunning card and beutifully put together:-)

Sue
xx

ink'n'rubba said...

she's gorgeous Fran, and does look a little bit Oriental the way you coloured her.

mar1ene said...

Soo gorgeous Fran! and she does look like you!! lol, lol

Have a fabby week!

Marlene x

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Definitely not fed up of these cards! Love this one, it's gorgeous! I've managed to order mine today, can't wait to play with them!!!

Carole :D

MichelleO said...

Oh she is really cute, Love the card and the colors. Can't wait to see the three others and what new Tilda's you got! =)

Katharina said...

What a stunner Fran. Love her black hair. The card is terrific!

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin