Friday, 2 May 2008

Ismaki 17: sexy handyman!

Ismaki Sketch this week was set by Manue, but wasn't as complex as usual so my little grey cells got a break! Seeing as the image panel was long and thin thought it was perfect to ink up my little 'handyman' and make a card for my DH although I think he's got a bit immune to my cards now and has started picking at them as he 'thinks' he knows all the techniques etc *insert rolled eyes here* so he gets harder and harder to impress. Materials:
  • Images: all (except pliers) from 'Jack of all trades' CC designs stamp set coloured with prismas with glossy accents over hammers and boots. Circle sentiment is embossed with blk holographic powder and is from Autumn leaves set. Pliers and the tiny nail in bottom left corner are a sizzix die (also has hammer on it which I didn't use)
  • Papers: red and the woodgrain one are from various DCWV packs. Thought for true representation of my DH's DIY skills I should put the wood panel on wonky rather than straight :D
  • All brads from stash (the fab screw ones were ones I saw when I ordered my Panduro stamps a few weeks ago from Pandurohobby.co.uk - had to get them as I saw them once on a blog but could never find any)

23 comments:

Jill said...

Fab Card, I find Mens cards really hard to make, but this is fantastic love it Jill x

Valérie said...

Very beautiful card ! So cute ! I love your stamp and the tools ! Very good idea and very great work !

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Brilliant card Fran, looks fab!

Debbie said...

Fab card Fran I am sure your DH will be impressed

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh wow fabulous card. Absolutely great.

ink'n'rubba said...

Men are so difficult! great card for one of them though!

Diane.W. said...

This is great!
My hubby always has a bag of screws left after building new stuff up & says they are spares,hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;O)x

MichelleO said...

What a great "guy" card. Fun! And you DH and mine would get along well, he loves to pick at things on mine and tell me what I should do to improve... men!

wendy said...

A fantastic card!

vanilleco said...

superbe et originale

nessy said...

fantastic card fran!!(as always)
so what`s "he" been doing to get this splendid card??
vanessa xx

Kim said...

Oh he is so cute!!!! Kim sbs8

mar1ene said...

Gorgeous Fran, love the handyman and the tools are such a lovely addition!!

Marlene x

My Paper World said...

What a great guy card! xx

titisonia said...

fabulous card

Susan said...

Love your cards they are great

cricri said...

very beautiful card !!

COCO said...

VERY BEAUTIFUL CARD !!!!!

Jo said...

Great card Fran...what are you after, sending him a card like this?!!!! (more stamps maybe?!!)

Shary said...

Great card and I love the embellies. Why don't you get your DH to make you a card? Then you can tell him what you think of his ;0)

kraftykathy1 said...

wonderful card, love all the embellilshments

Jacqueline van der Sar said...

Great card, love those tools!

nefertiti said...

So original!!!!great card!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin