Friday, 30 May 2008

Final folder card with those papers!


O.K had to use up the last of the papers and had a question about how to make the folder card so thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and do another folder card with quick photo instructions Used another sweet art ebony stamp for this ('kitten'), just got 1 more to make now!

Here are instructions for the folder, (I find pictures much easier to follow than words):


For all my folder cards I use a piece of A4 cardstock trimmed to make a 5.5" wide strip. Then score and fold as follows This will give a 5.5" square card once folded (obviously can adjust if you have smaller square envelopes)

To make the folded edges to create your folder you need two squares of paper folded as follows:


That's all there is to it. You then decorate as you wish. Here's the folder from side view.

If you like you can add ribbon like I did in earlier card to tie up the ends but I find my top flap is long enough and fairly heavy that it stays shut. You can use basic principle and apply to 12x12 card to make longer/bigger cards if you so wish. Hope this has been useful for some of you and is clear enough (can click on photos if the writing isn't big enough to read)
Off to work now. Have a good weekend!


13 comments:

MichelleO said...

ooooh thanks for the instruction, and photos! I want to try one of these right away. LOVE that stamp, that kitten is just adorable. I am dying for my order! Wondeful card as always!

Diane.W. said...

Fab folder & thanx for instructions :o)x

Heather's Creations said...

wow Fran, thanks for putting up instructions for this :) I am sending a card and a cd-rom by post to a friend so this will kill 2 birds, as you say :)
Thankyou.

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Another fabulous creation Fran! Super tutorial..great instructions, thanks for sharing. My stamps arrived today...yay! Have a good weekend.

Carole :D

CraftyC said...

Thankyou for the instructions, easy to follow, I love the colours and the image you've chosen!
Clairexx

kraftykathy1 said...

great tutorial, will have to give it a go

Nixe07 said...

Thanks for the instruction! Your creation looks fabulous with this cute image. Love it. Stunning work.
Hugs, Moni

Jo said...

Oh you are a clever bunny Fran! The folder is beautiful and will definitely give this one a try.

belinda said...

Oh wauw, thank you Fran, so wonderful! I like to make folder cards.

Suzanne said...

This is great thanks for the instructions and I love the papers and the gorgeous ebony stamp. Sue :o)

Kathy said...

This is adorable Fran!! Thanks so much for the tutorial I will have to give this a try!!
(Thanks for the well wishes to get better - feel much better today thanks!!)

Ila said...

I love this folder...The stamp and paper is Gorgeous...Thank you so much for the tutorial!!!

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin