Thursday, 22 May 2008

CCT Katharina sketch: 'Just to Say'

CCT this week is to make a card using this fab sketch by Katharina;
I've used a Sarah Kay image I was given a while ago but have been hoarding! (as this stamp is no longer available but there are some new Sarah Kay ones due out in June - can't wait! Just can't get enough of these types of images). Finally taken the plunge and coloured her in as all my new Sweet Art Ebony stamps has got me in the mood and also because I didn't want to use my new stamps as I had a feeling some of the other girls on the DT would be using them too!
Materials:
  • Images: Sarah Kay image, (don't know name sorry) coloured with distress inks - find these images are very intricate and easier to colour this way rather than prismas. the tones suit them better too I think. Rose above the ribbon is a Magnolia stamp and is only there to cover up a sticking mishap - my papers didn't quite meet up when I stuck them down!
  • Papers: K & Co paper pack
  • Others: Used Nestabilites dies and quickcutz scallop border die. gems & ribbon from stash.

CCT is offering some fab stamps as candy this week, see blog for details and also the other fab DT cards.

Might be back later tonight to post another card as it's Fri tomorrow which means work and less crafting time for me. If I don't 'see' you later, have a good day!

16 comments:

debby4000 said...

Stunning, the papers really suit the image and love the spotty hat matches the ribbon.

craftyb said...

Hi Fran, I had to come and say how beautiful your CCT card is! It's one of my favourites this week! I LOVE the K&Co papers, the image of course is fabulous...and over-all it looks stunning! bx

fairymadjo said...

hi fran , what a stunning card ,love your image , not seen anythink like that before. its so sweet, i have an award on my blog for all tilda and friends, huggs jo x

Marja Sch said...

What a wonderful card. I love the colours you used. Greta job with the coloring. Gr Marja

ink'n'rubba said...

Fabulous card, you've used some of my all time favourite papers and a favourite image too - what's not to like!

MichelleO said...

Oh Fran this is so beautiful!! I see why you hoarded it, but it is so perfect for this LO and these papers! I love those papers and your coloring of her is matches perfect. I just simply love it!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Fran, that is a stunning image and you have coloured it perfectly. Don't work too hard tomorrow

Jo said...

Yet another gorgeous card and those papers are so scrummy!

Kathy said...

Another beautiful card, Fran. That paper is gorgeous and the image is adorable!! Have a great week-end!!

leann said...

This is gorgeous Fran :)
I'll be back for a proper look at everything else later ~ I have some serious commenting-catching-up to do!
x x x

Debbie said...

fab card love the papers absolutley gorgeous.

Diane.W. said...

Brilliant! pretty papers too :o)x

Ila said...

This card is Gorgeous!! love the image, papers...everything!!

Alison said...

Gorgeous Fran the papers you have used a are just gorgeous.

mar1ene said...

Gooooorgeous, but then didn't expect anything else.. lol

Can't wait for the new Sarah's to arrive, can you?

Marlene x

Deb said...

this is gorgeous Fran, I so love this image, so pretty and the colouring is fabulous

have a great weekend

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin