Tuesday, 20 May 2008

Bag Card 'Kristine Style'

Kristine has fab blog candy on offer where you have to make a card in the style of the bag card she has made here in celebration of her becoming a DT member for Papirgleder (who make the fab Ladybug & Friends stamps). I love Kristine's cards which is very Scandinavian in style and is basically "shabby chic" with distressing, tearing and lots & lots of embellishments, with details both inside and outside, including the back of the card.


Well, decided to give it a go today as deadline is tomorrow (!). Didn't have a paperbag but liked the idea of it so made my own out of a piece of 12x12" paper. It's taken me the best part of the day to make this and I now know why I am in awe of this style of card - it takes alot of time and effort!

Anyway, here it is, I really enjoyed making it, very different for me, but I liked how it turned out. Think I need more practice with the insides (and have discovered I don't have enough 'flourish' style stamps and need some more embellishments besides ribbon and flowers!) and still not quite shabby/distressed enough!

And because I've spent so long on it you're going to have to put up with more photos of it! =)

Front:
Inside:
Inside with pull out Tag:
Back:
Main image is 'Picking Apples' Sweet Art Ebony stamp (again! told you I love these stamps may have to put up with more as the others arrived today) and everything else is from my craft room which is now very messy! too much going on for me to start listing everything I used! Just ask if you want to know what something is!


9 comments:

Kristine said...

My dear Frances! This is sooo adorable! It is so cute and that stamp is absolutely FAB!
Thanks for playing my friend;)
Kristine

Diane.W. said...

Wow Fran! This is fantastic! I'm impressed cos I wouldn't even know where to start!!! :o)x

Suzanne said...

Oh Frances what a great job you have done on this I am in awe of all you girls who have entered this challenge I wouldn't know where to start. I love this style of card but I just can't achieve it!!! Sue :o)

Glitter Monkey said...

WOW this is an incredible piece of work Fran. I have high hopes of the Postman brining my Sweet Ebony Stamps today. You have done an amazing job with the colouring here. Lol Lynn x

ink'n'rubba said...

wow Fran, what an amazing piece of artwork you have created - but you didn't sign it on the back!

Brocéliane said...

It's really so cute, love the colours and this stamp is so lovely:) I'm in love with your card

Marge Robertson said...

Oh my goodness; this is absolutely fabulous!!! I'll be shocked if you don't win!

Katharina said...

Sensational Fran! A fantastic creation again!

Jo said...

Wow! and who's a clever bunny making her own bag....wouldn't know where to start! I love this style but can never achieve it. You, on the other hand, have done a marvellous job!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin