Saturday, 24 May 2008

Awards

I know I said I wouldn't be posting till Mon but last two days I've had 'rubba' landing on my door like buses all at once so had to ink at least 1 of them up plus I've been given some more awards so thought I'd best put those on before I forget again!

First one is from Jo (again!! must be punishing me for helping her spend all her money ;p!)

Not sure what my purpose is, but it's been fun doing it! I would like to pass this on to everyone who comes reads my blog and leaves me comments, as you are the reason I blog and you all definitely have a purpose! (and for anyone who is a regular reader (why, you must be mad!?!) but stay in the background, now's your chance to pop up and say Hi! ;D)

The 2nd award I got, makes me laugh, which is rather appropriate as it came from Debby and I always find her blog entertaining and her creations are always fab! It's this, the 'circle of friends' award, fab isn't it?! Again everyone who comes visit deserves this award but in particular, my fellow DT members on Tilda & Friends ATC and Cute Card Thursdays!

Now if you've managed to read this far its only fair that I should leave you with something to look at, but nothing fancy! This was a quick card I made using one of the fab Kerry Jo stamps. They're clear acrylic stamps and you get 12 absolutely brilliant designs for only £14.99 (that's £1.25 each!). I first came across Kerry Jo on the do crafts forum and couldn't believe how lovely her hand drawn 'doodles' were in her gallery and have been waiting so long for them to be finally turned into stamps!
This little oriental lady I first spotted on Kerry's gallery and fell in love with as it reminded me soo much of what I used to try and doodle as a kid down to the hair and the collar and sleeves on her dress (being Chinese, we used to watch these tv period dramas as a kid and I always loved the girls costumes and would try and draw them, so this just takes me back, big time!)
Papers are scraps from an earlier card, the 'double happiness' chinese character is from woodware set, everything else from stash.
There's something for all girls on this sheet - funky fairy, pretty fairy, rock chick, ballerina, cowgirl, pirate, birthday girl, witch , . . .love em all!
O.K on that note, have a lovely weekend, hope it's not too much of a washout, think the sun's trying to come out here - hope you have better luck!

11 comments:

kerry said...

Hi, just popped over to have a nosey having read the comments you left for me. 'Thank you so much for them'.

Got to say this card is beautiful, how you've coloured the image & pp's you've used, it's just so delicate. And, the fact that she reminds you of drawings you did as a lil girl, that's so lovely.
Looking forward to seeing what else you do!!

Love your blog & cards!
Kerry xxx

MichelleO said...

Congrats on the awards! Truely deserved. And love your card, think I might have to check out those images. again really pretty card.
Have a great weekend!
MichelleO

BTW... I really do sit a jam while reading your blog! =)

Diane.W. said...

how beautiful! fab colouring too :o)x

Hannah said...

wow you won awards well done!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Fran, those stamps are brilliant, my DD has spied them so I'm going to have to hide them or they will disappear.

kraftykathy1 said...

great layout and a different type a stamp for you.

mariaadams said...

I've only just discovered Kerry's stamps and ordered a set yesterday - they are gorgeous as is your wonderful card, Fran.
Maria x

Jo said...

Beautiful card Fran and the awards were very well deserved! Might not be able to spend so much in future....see my blog for the news!!!!

craftyb said...

Congrats on all the awards Fran...and I LOVE your card! The image is fab (must go and have a look at those!) and I love these K&Co papers...had so much with them myself!!

And...on a different "note" thank you for introducing me to Rob Thomas...never heard him before, but I LOVE that song!

nessy said...

wow!! she looks great once coloured ~fab card fran!!
must get mine out,and play (but have those images of yours calling!!)
vanessa xx

ink'n'rubba said...

such a pretty card and love that oriental lady.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin